Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

1 hour ago, GregP said:

Shield Hellicarrier now showing as retired product on UK Lego SaH

sorry if someone has already mention this

another swift cut, without even being flagged as retiring soon.
I don't have copy yet, probably it's best moment to have one.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Resurrected at SAH. It was retired, now available again. Not impressed Lego. 

You can resurrect this thread if you want ;-)

At least Lego have a sense of humour, even if they cannot shed any light! 

CUSTOMER
I notice that Speed Champions 75870 retired a few weeks back from Lego store, but now it is available again. Why is this? 5:23 PM  

You are now chatting with Jenifer

JENIFER
  Hi Chris 5:26 PM

CUSTOMER
Hello! 5:26 PM  

JENIFER
  I didn't know it said it was retired before. 5:27 PM

CUSTOMER
Yes, from about 14th October!  5:27 PM  

CUSTOMER
I was just wondering why sets come back from the dead! 5:27 PM  

JENIFER
  My only guess is that this is now a zombie Corvette! I've never heard of this happening before. 5:28 PM

JENIFER
  I'll have to report this to the web team. Were you on the region for UK when you saw it retired?5:29 PM

CUSTOMER
Very good! I think it happens occasionally, like the White House previous years.  5:29 PM  

CUSTOMER
Yes. I bought a couple from Amazon thinking it was the last chance, but here it is again!  5:29 PM  

JENIFER
  Oh no! 5:30 PM

CUSTOMER
13th October was the retirement date. https://brickset.com/sets/75870-1/Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06 5:30 PM  

CUSTOMER
It was retired, not sold out! 5:31 PM  

JENIFER
  I'll definitely report this, it's not helpful if a set says retired and it's not. Especially if a fan wants it like yourself. 5:31 PM

CUSTOMER
Thanks. It's always good for collectors to know retirements as ir helps to inform buying choices! 5:32 PM  

CUSTOMER
Is it going to retire again soon!!?? 5:32 PM  

CUSTOMER
Judging by history, it is due to retire this year. 5:33 PM  

JENIFER
  Yes, it looks like this is the last year of production so it should be retiring again at the end of the year. 5:33 PM

JENIFER
  And for good this time! 5:33 PM

CUSTOMER
Ok, thanks. Yes, please do pass on my observartions. Perhaps it was an error by the web team.  5:34 PM  

JENIFER
  That's what I'm thinking, too. You're welcome, Chris. 5:34 PM

CUSTOMER
Have a good evening!  5:35 PM

14 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

When the first wave of these "cars" retired in Europe aournd February this year, they all got 50 % discount.. I would be disappointed if now they didnt get that much - and just vanished into a thin air..1f613.png

You missed your chance. Smyths toys clearance the speed champions cars much earlier in the year. They were down at £5 each if you could find a store with stock.

12 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

You missed your chance. Smyths toys clearance the speed champions cars much earlier in the year. They were down at £5 each if you could find a store with stock.

I hardly missed that chance as not living in the UK... they dont for sure ship to continental Europe (and even if they did. the postage would just diminish the discount).. anyways, given the valid exchange rate at the same time they were available on local LEGO e-shop for like 6.2 GBP.. so more or less the same price.

27 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I hardly missed that chance as not living in the UK... they dont for sure ship to continental Europe (and even if they did. the postage would just diminish the discount).. anyways, given the valid exchange rate at the same time they were available on local LEGO e-shop for like 6.2 GBP.. so more or less the same price.

Sorry I thought you were one of the guys who raids the UK stocks.