Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

25 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Minecraft Witch Hut 21133 gone this evening from SAH. Only been out since March. For me this is a significant retirement. Is there gold in the mines?

That list a few weeks ago was spot on. Amazon back in stock next week after being out of stock for 3 weeks. Is Amazon where the SAH stock goes when it retires?

Didnt even get xmas run which probably accounts for the 50 0nly odd sales on Amazon.

75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter and 76057 Spider-Man: Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle are marked as 'retired product' on LEGO Shop at Home.de.
Edit: 21133 The Witch Hut is also gone.

Witch Hut has been gone all day. It’s been the hardest of all recent Minecraft sets to find in stores.

may you elaborate on that? Everybody (around here) knows how it works: most of the sets are manufacture in Hungarian plant, trucks bring them for final completion and packing to Kladno - some of the sets that did not meet strong criteria for absolutely perfect, undamaged, visual appearance stay in the factory shop in Kladno for employees' purchase at fixed 50 % off. The rest of the sets then goes to Munich EU distribution center that supplies entire Europe.. so again.. where do we have a problem?

1 minute ago, crayxlp said:

may you elaborate on that? Everybody (around here) knows how it works: most of the sets are manufacture in Hungarian plant, trucks bring them for final completion and packing to Kladno - some of the sets that did not meet strong criteria for absolutely perfect, undamaged, visual appearance stay in the factory shop in Kladno for employees' purchase at fixed 50 % off. The rest of the sets then goes to Munich EU distribution center that supplies entire Europe.. so again.. where do we have a problem?

You guys are OOS  and retired before the rest of the world.  That's how my simple mind works.

• Like 1

That is not true.. if you take your time you will clearly see in this thread that Val-E reported many sets to be gone SOONER in UK than in CZE/GER/IT/FR.. you can get that same information for at least 80 % of all sets ever released from bricket database - they first retire in UK and then in the rest of Europe

and as for retirement comparison between US and Europe - that just doesnt make sense. Different plants, different markets.

More.. the very 1st Batman Movie set shows as retired on Czech e-shop - the Scuttler (interesting, Ive always thought the Penguin Arctic Roller would be the first). Besides that also the following sets show as retired on Czech website. I used the search engine before posting and since it didnt come up with any mention of the set in this particular thread, I put the list here.

70908  Batman Movie - The Scuttler

10524 Duplo - Farm Tractor
10808 Duplo - Little Plane
41230 Batgirl Batjet Chase
41231 Harley Quinn to the Rescue
41233 Lashina Tank
41234  Bumblebee Helicopter
41235 Wonder Woman Dorm Room
41239 Eclipso Dark Palace (rel. June 2017)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crayxlp said:

More.. the very 1st Batman Movie set shows as retired on Czech e-shop - the Scuttler (interesting, Ive always thought the Penguin Arctic Roller would be the first). Besides that also the following sets show as retired on Czech website. I used the search engine before posting and since it didnt come up with any mention of the set in this particular thread, I put the list here.

70908  Batman Movie - The Scuttler

10524 Duplo - Farm Tractor
10808 Duplo - Little Plane
41230 Batgirl Batjet Chase
41231 Harley Quinn to the Rescue
41233 Lashina Tank
41234  Bumblebee Helicopter
41235 Wonder Woman Dorm Room
41239 Eclipso Dark Palace (rel. June 2017)

With super hero high school doing the oos dance that's the whole DC Super Hero Girls line retired in less than a year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Just a few mins ago disappeared (retired) 5 items on Czech e-shop.. I guess that some of them were kinds of gear, keychains etc.. I figured out these two sets showing now as retired:

10853 Duplo creative box
40155 Piggy Coin Bank

40154 LEGO® Iconic Pencil Pot is also retired. (LEGO Shop at Home EU).

• Like 2

no, Im not.. a few hrs back (at least yesterday) when you put these numbers into e-shop search engine it showed both products as retired.. therefore Im constantly using the term ".. local e-shop shows them AS RETIRED" - exactly b/c of these reasons that they might come back

accepting your view would mean that whoever reports anything as "retired" (despite the fact that at that specific moment LEGO e-shop shows that specific set RETIRED) would mean that nobody should report anything RETIRED unless some period went by.. two weeks? .. three weeks?

Edited by crayxlp
typo
  • Like 1