Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

Then it sounds like you are confusing 'Retired Product' with 'Out of Stock'

No, 42054 Claas was definitely marked a retired product at first. I have a screenshot of that. 

Now it says "Naleveringen worden geaccepteerd en worden verzonden na 5 Dec 2017" which means that they'll accept new orders. The ordered sets will be sent after the 5th of December 2017. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Then it sounds like you are confusing 'Retired Product' with 'Out of Stock'

To be fair, EU S@H regularly put retired product back in stock.  They are the ones confusing Retired with OOS.  US S@H is more strict with terminology, which is why it is the standard for retirement status 

2 hours ago, crayxlp said:

no, Im not.. a few hrs back (at least yesterday) when you put these numbers into e-shop search engine it showed both products as retired.. therefore Im constantly using the term ".. local e-shop shows them AS RETIRED" - exactly b/c of these reasons that they might come back

accepting your view would mean that whoever reports anything as "retired" (despite the fact that at that specific moment LEGO e-shop shows that specific set RETIRED) would mean that nobody should report anything RETIRED unless some period went by.. two weeks? .. three weeks?

Lego 41180 was marked as retired I should know have a vested interest.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

and... !! 71006 Simpsons House is also displayed as RETIRED on Czech site!

41172 Elves - Water Dragon also shows as retired

Yay! Looking forward to hopefully getting RRP for my Simpsons Houses! The Water Dragons will be good too since I bought a load at £9 each not long ago.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 28/11/2017 at 9:19 PM, Villager Chris said:

What about 'toast'?

It means nothing without Marmite.

Americans... have you tried Marmite? If not, you're in for a treat when you get to the UK. Even our cats love it!

I'm working on the "2018" edition of this thread.  I'm going to keep it "clean" - no discussion, just posts stating that a product is retired.

This is what I believe we need for a post:

Set Name, Date Retired, Region retired, and screenshot of the set name with "Retired Product"

Sound good?  Anything else?

I'll take care of having an index thread stickied at the top, with links to the posts and links to the discussion threads for each set.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm working on the "2018" edition of this thread.  I'm going to keep it "clean" - no discussion, just posts stating that a product is retired.

This is what I believe we need for a post:

Set Name, Date Retired, Region retired, and screenshot of the set name with "Retired Product"

I'll take care of having an index thread stickied at the top, with links to the posts and links to the discussion threads for each set.

Is there any way that we can get the date and time put on each post so that it works for each time zone? Eg. I'm posting now at 18:20:00 GMT on 30NOV2017.

Edited by TabbyBoy

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

Date Retired

That would be great, be it that I think it's not always clear what the exact date of retirement is. Perhaps it would be sufficient to look at the post date. If not, I just hope there will be no discussions as to what date would be the true retirement date.

(Personally I don't care at all if a set retired Wednesday or Tuesday... I'm just a bit worried about possible discussions about exact dates)

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

Sounds great and handy to me. Will the index show what country an individual set was reported retired in?

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

Is there any way that we can get the date and time put on each post so that it works for each time zone? Eg. I'm posting now at 18:20:00 on 30NOV2017.

I don't know if there's a way to script it for just this thread.  Do we need more than just the date?  I don't even know that we need the date, since the post will have a date on it.  That's probably good enough.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

That would be great, be it that I think it's not always clear what the exact date of retirement is. Perhaps it would be sufficient to look at the post date. If not, I just hope there will be no discussions as to what date would be the true retirement date.

(Personally I don't care at all if a set retired Wednesday or Tuesday... I'm just a bit worried about possible discussions about exact dates)

Sounds great and handy to me. Will the index show what country an individual set was reported retired in?

I don't think it matters if it was retired on November 29 vs November 30.  I think the day you're reporting it (or, as I just mentioned above after you posted), even the date on your post is good enough.

If Czech Republic is reporting that a set is Retired, then the index will show that's where it's reported.  Hopefully someone can correct me if one country is also representative of the entire EU, for example.  But my plan is to put the date and country/LEGO online shop, when it is retired, in the index.

9 minutes ago, John82 said:

EU - Volvo EW160E 42053

volvo.thumb.jpg.dd36592dadf2c30573d8fd86e87105ea.jpg

This is a perfect example.  This is enough for me.  This needs to be as little effort as possible for everyone, while still getting the maximum info out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

If Czech Republic is reporting that a set is Retired, then the index will show that's where it's reported.  Hopefully someone can correct me if one country is also representative of the entire EU, for example.  But my plan is to put the date and country/LEGO online shop, when it is retired, in the index.

All European countries share the same shop/inventory, only the pricing is different per shipping destination. A set retired in the UK will be retired in Hungary as well.

Edited by inversion
  • Like 4