Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

4 hours ago, inversion said:

All European countries share the same shop/inventory, only the pricing is different per shipping destination. A set retired in the UK will be retired in Hungary as well.

Thats not true.. the retirement date between UK and the continental Europe varies.. have a look at brickset. Almost each set retires in UK on a different date than in the rest of Europe. And I remember seeing something retired in Germany but still available in Czech Rep.

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, crayxlp said:
Edited 8 minutes ago by crayxlp 
wrong post, please delete it. I mixed it up with another Technic set

It's fine, 42053 is retired in the UK ;-)

16 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Thats not true.. the retirement date between UK and the continental Europe varies.. have a look at brickset. Almost each set retires in UK on a different date than in the rest of Europe. And I remember seeing something retired in Germany but still available in Czech Rep.

I think that is more like the last date the database scanned the respective website rather than the actual retirement date. I have never seen different availability of items across EU countries (barring the few sets that are not distributed in a select set of countries, like Dimensions).

Edited by inversion

1 hour ago, inversion said:

I think that is more like the last date the database scanned the respective website rather than the actual retirement date. I have never seen different availability of items across EU countries (barring the few sets that are not distributed in a select set of countries, like Dimensions).

I think you're probably right.  If you check out a set that's Sold Out or Out of Stock (but not retired), it will show up with an "on sale date" to when it was last in stock.  Should the item come back in stock, or move to Retired, the date will change.

3 hours ago, inversion said:

No, I stand behind my argument - have a look at this thread when Val-E reported some sets as retired (in his UK shop) and we in Germany, Czech, Hungary, italy still were able to order that set because it was not retired for the continental Europe. There is truly a different between UK - and the rest of Europe. A few days cca.

Quite a few retirements today. First City:

• 60117: Van and Caravan
  • 60109: Fire Boat
  • 60101 Cargo Plane
  • 60121 Volcano Truck

DC Comics

• 76044 Clash of the Heroes

Minecraft

• 21132 Jungle Temple

There are also 3 Friends sets, 1 Nexo and 3 Star Wars but I cannot track which. 

These may have been posted before, but that's what I can see after a quick look. 

• Like 2

Lego Technic 42054 Claas tractor has become available without limitation again, after first being limited and having been 'retired' for a few weeks. 

13th of November 2017:

38822101242_e6b9a6452a_b.jpg

28th of November 2017:

38853046481_8f04b10599_b.jpg

5th of December 2017:

38852953881_0d39995d5b_b.jpg

@Alpinemaps these kinds of 'retreats' happen often and are arguably relevant for investors. I think it's difficult for you admins / mods to think of a handy method of showing these developments after retirement (if so desired) but perhaps you have a plan. 

In final I'd like to say that I really appreciate the energy you're putting in streamlining this thread and making it more user-friendly. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roy vd M. said:

Lego Technic 42054 Claas tractor has become available without limitation again, after first being limited and having been 'retired' for a few weeks. 

@Roy vd M. As a courtesy to the international nature of this forum and its visitors, could you please set your region at Lego LEGO Shop at Home page to Netherlands / English instead of Nederland / Nederlands when you make screenshots ? :)  Small effort, much appreciation ... (kleine moeite, groot plezier :P )