Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, BarryZola said:

Looking forward to seeing how the IST comes along. Gotta get past the QFLL's who bought it for peanuts at Tesco last week in the UK first though. For a low-scale BrickPicker, I've accumulated quite a few of these.

I'm also waiting for the QFLLs to exhaust their Spaceports and Friends buses before I stick mine on at the "proper" price.

19 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm also waiting for the QFLLs to exhaust their Spaceports and Friends buses before I stick mine on at the "proper" price.

The spaceports are scaring me. They have been available in the U.S. at target for ~45% off all weekend without a limit... Either people aren't interested or they have WAY too many.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, landphieran said:

The spaceports are scaring me. They have been available in the U.S. at target for ~45% off all weekend without a limit... Either people aren't interested or they have WAY too many.

I actually agree, I think this thing must have been a terrible seller all around - It's been clearanced at various places for 6+ months at 50% or more, and as mentioned, still at 50% Target isn't moving them.

Could be a... dare I say... TURD. 

And I have plenty.

They can't all be winners :)

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I actually agree, I think this thing must have been a terrible seller all around - It's been clearanced at various places for 6+ months at 50% or more, and as mentioned, still at 50% Target isn't moving them.

Could be a... dare I say... TURD. 

And I have plenty.

They can't all be winners :)

A Spaceport bought for £11.33 certainly ain't a loser! It's actually a very nice set and shuttles have done well. I reckon this could reach RRP within 2yrs.

Among the raft to have gone: 10593 - Duplo Fire Station

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Fire-Station-10593

Nice surprise retirement. Got some of these at 70% off from Sainsbury's earlier in the year.
No great point in holding on, so hopefully an easy flip in time for Christmas to free up some much-needed space.

IMG_3464.PNG

Edited by wotguvnotmeguv

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm just wondering how many of those Spaceports being bought at low prices from UK QFFLs are going to end up back on the market down the line.

33 minutes ago, blocp13 said:

seems like a few retired sets are back in stock at SAH, SoH, PS, SDHL, 

Let's hope it's just some existing stock in a final push.

Many are actually out of stock when you try to order them.

Edited by Legojona
Out of stock addition

59 minutes ago, Legojona said:

Let's hope it's just some existing stock in a final push.

Many are actually out of stock when you try to order them.

I have ordered two pet shops in different orders as I have missed them last time...

This means no new run.

• Like 2