Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

• 2 weeks later...

So to divert attention away from a certain election...

There has been very little chat about one theme recently that i think most people have overlooked due to past performance...Bionicle

For those unaware...this is the 2nd time Bionicle is retiring. There was 5 sets released as part of the final wave on 1st June. 

71312 - Ekimu the Mask Maker    
71313 - Lava Beast  
71314 - Storm Beast   
71315 - Quake Beast   
71316 - Umarak the Destroyer

Now these sets are very limited due to the following reasons:

- A very very limited production run

- Only available from SAH

- Were only available in UK / North America / some parts in Europe, was NOT available in Asia / Australiasia

71315 - Quake Beast went quietly into retirement couple of days ago in UK, 71312 - Ekimu the Mask Maker has now dissapeared from SAH UK website so it is in imminent retirement mode.

I have bought a couple of complete sets as these are easily doubling in price due to rarity, 71312 ekimu is most likely the one which will perform the best due to being the best appearance.   

5 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

So to divert attention away from a certain election...

There has been very little chat about one theme recently that i think most people have overlooked due to past performance...Bionicle

For those unaware...this is the 2nd time Bionicle is retiring. There was 5 sets released as part of the final wave on 1st June. 

71312 - Ekimu the Mask Maker    
71313 - Lava Beast  
71314 - Storm Beast   
71315 - Quake Beast   
71316 - Umarak the Destroyer

Now these sets are very limited due to the following reasons:

- A very very limited production run

- Only available from SAH

- Were only available in UK / North America / some parts in Europe, was NOT available in Asia / Australiasia

71315 - Quake Beast went quietly into retirement couple of days ago in UK, 71312 - Ekimu the Mask Maker has now dissapeared from SAH UK website so it is in imminent retirement mode.

I have bought a couple of complete sets as these are easily doubling in price due to rarity, 71312 ekimu is most likely the one which will perform the best due to being the best appearance.   

Sssst!

BTW, they are still available at TRU and LEGO Shop at Home in the US. I just gifted my son the big Umarak the Destroyer yesterday (he was sick at home) and it is an awesome impressive build. Very menacing and great color combination. I have the other 4 too, but now I have opened up the first one I guess selling the entire bundle is off the table :)

Just now, Phil B said:

Sssst!

BTW, they are still available at TRU and LEGO Shop at Home in the US. I just gifted my son the big Umarak the Destroyer yesterday (he was sick at home) and it is an awesome impressive build. Very menacing and great color combination. I have the other 4 too, but now I have opened up the first one I guess selling the entire bundle is off the table :)

They are only limited in UK / Europe as not even TRU have them, US is different story

Just now, Haay said:

That sometimes happens, when some (small) stock was returned to inventory. Doesn't change the real-life status. :) 

I know. But I don't trust Lego very much. SoH or Pet Shop (especially this one was oos for a few days) were on backorder several times, but they always made a return. It's another discussion about real retirement and close retirement of a set's life.