Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

75083 - AT-DP
21118 - The Mine
60036 - Arctic Base Camp
75084 - Wookie Gunship
60062 - Arctic Icebreaker
60049 - Helicopter Transporter
76040 - Brainiac Attack
76027 - Black Manta Deep Sea Strike
75090 - Ezra's Speeder Bike
10672 - Defend The Batcave
76019 - Starblaster Showdown
60068 - Crooks Hideout

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

75083 - AT-DP
21118 - The Mine
60036 - Arctic Base Camp
75084 - Wookie Gunship
60062 - Arctic Icebreaker
60049 - Helicopter Transporter
76040 - Brainiac Attack
76027 - Black Manta Deep Sea Strike
75090 - Ezra's Speeder Bike
10672 - Defend The Batcave
76019 - Starblaster Showdown
60068 - Crooks Hideout

How long was Black Manta's shelf life? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like it has been less than a year. Potential sleeper there. Unfortunately I never came across any at Wal-Mart on clearance for $19.

50 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

How long was Black Manta's shelf life? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like it has been less than a year. Potential sleeper there. Unfortunately I never came across any at Wal-Mart on clearance for $19.

same shelf life as the Darkseid and Brainiac sets I am pretty sure.

6 hours ago, Pietro said:

not sure it's a good choice to take 75049 and 75054 for two years, maybe neither for more than six months

I think it's about a 90% chance that At-At's will be back for Rogue One.  There's rumors it's on the packaging, so i'd say if there is not an At-At in the September 30th Rogue One Force Friday wave, it will pop up by the January 1st wave.  I'm letting my stash ride for another few months, and then i'm going to release most of mine to the wild.

60057 - Camper Van also retired overnight. Got myself two of these. Cute little set. 

Arctic Icebreaker has been retired for a little while in the AUS shop. Picked one up a couple of weeks back. Was going to get 2 but the second box looked like it had been through the washing machine lol.

Full list of recently retired Star Wars sets:

• 75034 Death Star Troopers
  • 75035 Kashyyyk Troopers
  • 75036 Utapau Troopers
  • 75037 Battle on Seleucami
  • 75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike
  • 75043 AT-AP
  • 75044 Droid Tri-fighter
  • 75045 Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon
  • 75045 Coruscant Police Gunship
  • 75049 Snowspeeder
  • 75050 B-Wing
  • 75051 Jedi Scout Fighter
  • 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina
  • 75053 The Ghost
  • 75054 AT-AT
  • 75058 MTT
  • 75072 ARC-170 Starfighter
  • 75076 Republic Gunship
  • 75077 Homing Spider Droid
  • 75081 T-16 Skyhopper
  • 75083 AT-DP
  • 75084 Wookie Gunship
  • 75090 Ezra's Speeder Bike

See here.

On 3/18/2016 at 0:03 AM, Battrax said:

I could have sworn that the AT-AT and ISD were already retired. Huh. Glad I still have a few!

AT-AT was marked 'sold out'. Imperial Star Destroyer had indeed already retired before (end of 2015). 

Here you'll find a list of, mostly daily, Star Wars set availability updates during the last two months. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I just wonder if there is an official way to find a list of just retired sets from Lego. What is the most updated list now? 

From your experience, can you find retired sets from big box stores like Walmart and Target?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bi said:

Hi guys,

I just wonder if there is an official way to find a list of just retired sets from Lego. What is the most updated list now? 

From your experience, can you find retired sets from big box stores like Walmart and Target?

First question ... Not really.. The best LEGO does is let you search for the Retired Product tag, but won't let you sort by date retired.

http://search-en.lego.com/?cc=CA&i=1&pt=shop&q=retired&q1=Retired+Product&rank=ca_rank&x1=available

Brickset records the approximate retired date, but has no search option to sort by retired date exists. Not sure about other fan/selling sites though..

Second question ... Sometimes. People post pictures of long retired sets often, especially from those magical Walmarts ex1 shops at who have time machines out back. But it's pretty rare now. Most retired sets get scooped off the shelves pretty quickly unless it's Ninja Turtles, Chima or Dimensions.. and even then, people often scoop them up before good clearances do them in.

• Like 1

Some more information re: " From your experience, can you find retired sets from big box stores like Walmart and Target? "

Different retailers have different practicies: For example, Target - corporate-wide has a pretty strongly regimented product life cycle on their shelves. They go through 2 major clearances a year (Feb/July) - and in general, they move out product even before it's "retired" from shop at home. Wal-Mart has a lot more freedom, and it can vary store by store, so OCCASIONALLY (especially in backwoods Wallies) find a retired set or two. Walmart also has a tendency to pile clearance items in storage, and then unload them onto the floor at various times, which allows the occasional old set to surface. Target does not do this.

Other retailers, like K-Mart - have stuff on their shelves a lot LONGER. For example, at some K-Marts you can find things like Brick Bounty, The Ghost, even wave 1 Chima - All of which are "retired" on shop at home. And the ever popular Mechdragon, which just recently retired from Shop at Home.

Toys R Us is the same way in that they have a lot of flexibility, and since they tend to overprice a bit - retired sets can linger on the shelves a while.

"Retired" simply means the date it is no longer available at Shop At Home. Sometimes these sets can linger at other retailers for quite some time. A good example would be the Toys R Us exclusive "Hydra Fortress Smash" which I believe retired in November officially, but didn't get cleared out of TRU finally until a couple weeks ago. One of mine had a couple Black Gates 8-9 months after retirement on their shelves.

And your own regional stores will have their own policies and gems. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...