Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

Guest TabbyBoy

The cull in the UK has started with 10234 SOH continuing the trend. The number of retirees on the UK site has now jumped to 710 even though it includes past as well as present. Let's hope the 20% off sets join the party soon.

This set was recently reduced from €14,99 to €10,49 at LEGO Shop at Home. Friends Butterfly Organizer, set 40156. Small exclusive LEGO Shop at Home set.

Managed to get 2 of them but ordered 3, so I called customer service about the one missing item in the shipment. The friendly lady explained it's sold out and retired. 

40156.png

In the US this set is still available, and now also at a reduced price: from $16.99 for $13.59. Retirement in US/Canada is imminent. :) 

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Butterfly-Organizer-40156

Edited by Haay

17 minutes ago, Haay said:

This set was recently reduced from €14,99 to €10,49 at LEGO Shop at Home. Friends Butterfly Organizer, set 40156. Small exclusive LEGO Shop at Home set.

Managed to get 2 of them but ordered 3, so I called customer service about the one missing item in the shipment. The friendly lady explained it's sold out and retired. 

40156.png

It's sister 40114 Friends Jewellery Box (already gone from EU Shop at Home since June, not even listed anymore) seems to have kicked the bucket on the US LEGO Shop at Home site as well - now Sold Out. I've got a fair few of those as they had good bricks.

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

It's sister 40114 Friends Jewellery Box (already gone from EU Shop at Home since June, not even listed anymore) seems to have kicked the bucket on the US LEGO Shop at Home site as well - now Sold Out. I've got a fair few of those as they had good bricks.

I totally missed that set! Typical under the radar sets that people here don't talk about until they've gone EOL. :P 

7 minutes ago, Haay said:

I totally missed that set! Typical under the radar sets that people here don't talk about until they've gone EOL. :P 

Yep. Even at my LEGO store you had to ask for this set, as they held it in the back room, not on the shelf at all.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Haay said:

A bit like the post-promotion sets that John Lewis sell off for pennies if there's any left over. I remember the Duplo Giraffe for 3p so I emptied the 2 baskets near the check-outs! I had some funny looks but, didn't care. £3 ain't bad for 100 polybags and I just give them away as sweetners and 20 went on Hallow'en night to polite trick or treaters.

Does "under the radar" mean that NEXO will skyrocket?