Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

56 minutes ago, EliasFelipe said:

They were never heavily discounted, <35% Still available in stores in the Netherlands and Germany

Except here in the US where they sat at Targets at 50% off for seemingly ever! I still have a small mountain that I hope someday to make a little bit of money on. Nice set, but every Tom, ****, and Harry has at least a few if not a bunch stashed away.

Heavily discounted in the UK, my average buy in was 46% retail and I wasn’t trying too hard, if you’d been creative, you could probably have got them for 35% retail. I’d move all of mine at retail today, but as they’re still available in store, that’s a stretch. Thankfully I only have 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

What gave you that idea?

Some of the characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc are immensly popular and I can't see them not being redone, albeit in some sort of new clothing or print

Thats just pure speculation though, my own opinion.

8 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Some of the characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc are immensly popular and I can't see them not being redone, albeit in some sort of new clothing or print

Thats just pure speculation though, my own opinion.

I think that is reasonable to expect.  Similar to series 2 of the Simpsons, where they made a rehash of Marge, Homer, Maggie, Lisa, and Bart, I would almost expect them to do the same with Donald, Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy.

• Like 1

My only 'concern' now is how soon season 2 makes an appearance. As happy as I am to see these retire it does seem a some what strange decision by Lego based on the recent release of 71040. I'm banking on selling a few sets to parents who want them to accompany the castle as a Xmas present, however if we see a quick release of series 2 they may not be as popular as we hope...

I like buying complete sets of minifigures via Bricklink. I have quite some complete sets of Disney and dfb and will put them on ebay during Christmas I think. I think I'll sell half of the sets for double the money I payed.  That way I have my money back and can put the rest in longterm storage.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Foxhound said:

75899 LaFerrari retired at LEGO Shop at Home.de 

Same in the UK. Currently only TRU, Argos & John Lewis have them in stock from what I can see. I won't bite unless £7 or less ;-)

On the Dutch LEGO site 'retiring soon':

75059 Sandcrawler

10234 Sydney Opera House

10236 Ewok Village

10218 Pet Shop

21302 The Big Bang Theorie

21304 Doctor Who

21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1

21301 Wall-E

10247, 10244, Kwik-E, Palace Cinema and the T1 are still counting.

Edited by Menno
forgot something to tell