Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

Guest TabbyBoy

It seems like the 10218 Pet Shop and 10234 Sydney Opera House is about to be resurrected. LEGO UK now show them as "Temporarily out of stock" which tells they're coming back. Maybe a glitch or retailers returning unsold stock for one last push but, I'll put nothing past LEGO these days. This WILL burst the bubble for sure!

Edited by TabbyBoy

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It seems like the 10218 Pet Shop and 10234 Sydney Opera House is about to be resurrected. LEGO UK now show them as "Temporarily out of stock" which tells they're coming back. Maybe a glitch or retailers returning unsold stock for one last push but, I'll put nothing past LEGO these days. This WILL burst the bubble for sure!

They were back in stock shortly this afternoon. Together with 10244 FM & 75918 TT, 

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Mods... Is it worth having a resurrection thread?

I don't think a product getting the "retired product" tag and then going back to toos or c2c is that common. So I don't see the need for another thread (unless this becomes more common). Just use this thread for posting updates about products that do happen to come back in stock after receiving a "retired product" tag.

Use the bubble thread if you want to discuss how this is related to the downfall of Lego resellers / the apocalypse.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I don't think a product getting the "retired product" tag and then going back to toos or c2c is that common. So I don't see the need for another thread (unless this becomes more common). Just use this thread for posting updates about products that do happen to come back in stock after receiving a "retired product" tag.

Use the bubble thread if you want to discuss how this is related to the downfall of Lego resellers / the apocalypse.

Fair enough but, bringing back the 2 most significant "retirees" is a huge concern. I just hope it's selling off excess retailer stock that's been returned. Let's hope we don't see seal code 49S6 unless it's a reseal for an inspected return.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Fair enough but, bringing back the 2 most significant "retirees" is a huge concern. I just hope it's selling off excess retailer stock that's been returned. Let's hope we don't see seal code 49S6 unless it's a reseal for an inspected return.

You've got a good point, but we're trying to keep the chatter down in this thread to just retirements (or, in this case, unretirements).

You can always bring up the implications of unretirements in the bubble thread.

• Like 1

This will be qfll's returning imperfect boxes or realising that they weren't going to jump by £100 before xmas. these sets are still done.  it's just the dance.they'll go from toos to sold out when returned sets go back out of the warehouse, prob tomorrow, then retired state will return.

Guest TabbyBoy
47 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

This will be qfll's returning imperfect boxes or realising that they weren't going to jump by £100 before xmas. these sets are still done.  it's just the dance.they'll go from toos to sold out when returned sets go back out of the warehouse, prob tomorrow, then retired state will return.

Let's hope so otherwise there'll be some returns before the 30 days are up. If others sets also join these, time for the bubble thread.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:05 PM, Achilles said:

I actually agree, I think this thing must have been a terrible seller all around - It's been clearanced at various places for 6+ months at 50% or more, and as mentioned, still at 50% Target isn't moving them.

Could be a... dare I say... TURD. 

And I have plenty.

They can't all be winners :)

Check out the last lego space shuttle.  I bought a bunch at RRP ($30) shortly after retirement and sold at $75.  Peeps love their space shuttles.  It's just that resellers are traumatized after the past year and avoiding stuff they would have snatched up in bulk last year.  This is a good thing (for those who do buy).

• Like 1

Just noticed, but 60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel has retired overnight (yesterday it was still available!). Set is (temporarily) not visible on the English language LEGO Shop at Home sites.

60095 retired.png

(Dutch "Product uit de handel" means Retired)

And I noticed that the Friends set 41095 Emma's House has also retired overnight:

41095 retired.png

Edited by Haay
  • Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
27 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Overpriced City Fire tender 60112 has retired at EU shop

https://shop.lego.com/es-ES/Gran-camion-de-bomberos-60112

However, it is very rare in the UK and I've only ever seen it at RRP from LEGO and "reseller-scummed" on Amazon. This set at a 50% discount would've been an instant winner IHMO.

C'mon IDEAS sets, you're next!