Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I always enjoy "new retired products" days.

I do too. 

Even though considering how closely we follow stock levels these days, the suspense is about as thick as waiting for the convention to find out who the nominee is when everyone has already dropped out and conceded.

It's more like a punctuation mark. Finality. Closure.

You are RETIRED Tumbler. RETIRED. good NIGHT sir.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pat_teeth_hurt said:

Surprisingly, 10240 Red Five not showing as retired.  But appears that all/most the "sold outs" with no other notes are showing up as retired now (21301, 76023, etc).  I only pay attention to sets with age range for adults though..

Maybe its a hint of restocks are imminent? 

Edited by tacsniper

All LEGO Movie and Ultra sets are retired.  Only new Star Wars set that I see is 75080 - ATT.

Appears a ton of Chima sets retired as well, but I don't know how closely I monitored those, so some of them could've been retired before.

Edited by Loghamel

49 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

All LEGO Movie and Ultra sets are retired.  Only new Star Wars set that I see is 75080 - ATT.

Appears a ton of Chima sets retired as well, but I don't know how closely I monitored those, so some of them could've been retired before.

I think 75044 - Droid Tri-Fighter might be a new addition.

Swamp Police Sets are a new addition, with exception to the Police Station, Hovercraft, and Plane.

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I think 75044 - Droid Tri-Fighter might be a new addition.

Swamp Police Sets are a new addition, with exception to the Police Station, Hovercraft, and Plane.

Nah, it was in the last round.  I didn't check too closely on the City stuff.  I'm pretty sure Fire Emergency and Station (60003 &4) are new, as well as the ATV.    But I didn't see a whole lot of earth-shattering sets.  Birds was my favorite on the list. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluetoon said:

Where can I find the list of retired Lego sets? Thanks. 

This is a PITA and can be sped up significantly if you know how to write a script to scrape a website, but what I did was create a spreadsheet with every single set number, name, and price LEGO has and put them in separate columns.  I then hyperlinked each set number to its corresponding LEGO page.  When a set retires, I highlight it in red.  I have a VBA script I run that opens all hyperlinks I select.  I select 75 or so at a time.  Then it's as simple as checking product availability when a retiring party occurs.

• Like 5

This is a PITA and can be sped up significantly if you know how to write a script to scrape a website, but what I did was create a spreadsheet with every single set number, name, and price LEGO has and put them in separate columns.  I then hyperlinked each set number to its corresponding LEGO page.  When a set retires, I highlight it in red.  I have a VBA script I run that opens all hyperlinks I select.  I select 75 or so at a time.  Then it's as simple as checking product availability when a retiring party occurs.

a3818c07acb80f6d194f9f8c2d51ddc6.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Widely available where??

They were never heavily discounted, <35% Still available in stores in the Netherlands and Germany

One of the best sets ever in my opinion (as a Batman fan) plus good figs, most of the time it's  all about the figs, but not this one. Good investment in my opinion...Forgot to mention, the Box art also really stands out. So it's not to late yet to join in on the bat;)...Dunno if that is proper English

56 minutes ago, EliasFelipe said:

They were never heavily discounted, <35% Still available in stores in the Netherlands and Germany

One of the best sets ever in my opinion (as a Batman fan) plus good figs, most of the time it's  all about the figs, but not this one. Good investment in my opinion...Forgot to mention, the Box art also really stands out. So it's not to late yet to join in on the bat;)...Dunno if that is proper English

Maybe not heavily discounted in Europe, but US investors should be weary. Target had a massive clearance of these about 1 year ago. These were $30USD, and people loaded up. I remember seeing pictures in the daily deals thread showing people with dozens of them. I wouldn't pay retail for these in the US, despite being retired. 

• Like 3