10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

The one I got from Lego last week has seal code 03S5. The one I bought yesterday in a toyshop has 51S4.

I thought the general consensus was that the seal codes are not production runs perse. But the week it was packed? I do not believe they have a production line purely for a particular set. They have production lines for parts. Am I talking sense?

• Like 1

The one I got from Lego last week has seal code 03S5. The one I bought yesterday in a toyshop has 51S4.

I thought the general consensus was that the seal codes are not production runs perse. But the week it was packed? I do not believe they have a production line purely for a particular set. They have production lines for parts. Am I talking sense?

You are absolutely making sense. I have no idea how LEGO works its magic (all those little parts in the right bags in the right sets), but they do it well.

While I don't think this is "done," I think it's clear that production of older sets slows until EOL, like other industries (books, etc.). I don't like the F5 EOL dance at all. Buy steadily over time and avoid F5 altogether. ;)

You are absolutely making sense. I have no idea how LEGO works its magic (all those little parts in the right bags in the right sets), but they do it well.

While I don't think this is "done," I think it's clear that production of older sets slows until EOL, like other industries (books, etc.). I don't like the F5 EOL dance at all. Buy steadily over time and avoid F5 altogether. ;)

F5-ing is so overrated and so 2014! It is so much more fun and less stressful indeed when you already have your minimum quantity for investment and every other is extra.

• Like 2

Does anybody speculate that set 10232 Palace Cinema could be retiring in the coming few months or sooner? On the contrary, will PC remain available for another year, or possibly two?

A point to consider is whether the availability of set 10218 Pet Shop will outlast that of Palace Cinema.

Please share your views on this topic.

Does anybody speculate that set 10232 Palace Cinema could be retiring in the coming few months or sooner? On the contrary, will PC remain available for another year, or possibly two?

A point to consider is whether the availability of set 10218 Pet Shop will outlast that of Palace Cinema.

haha... hasn't the whole talk up until now been about exactly that speculation?

Personally, I think the Pet Shop will be gone before the cinema.

Also, I just received an 03R5 PC for anyone who cares about seal codes.

Thanks for letting me know that you'd moved my post. I'm new to Brickpicker, I didn't notice this thread until after I'd made the post. I do notice that many people have already answered my questions. However, I agree with Locutus001. I had to find out for myself that I hadn't clicked a wrong button or made a mistake when writing the post. In other words, it would be very helpful if a message appeared on the "My Content" page alerting members that there posts had been relocated as until I found my post myself on this thread, I was quite confused and couldn't find my post very easily.

My own view on the retirement controversy? I suppose I'm edging towards favouring the idea that Pet Shop may retire before Palace Cinema, however I'm still very unsure about the whole thing. I'm keen to find out why some may suggest Palace Cinema is retiring soon.