10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

I wouldn't be surprised to see this come back in pretty good numbers in the next month or so. Look at ToO... the prognosticators called it "done" and now it's sitting in stock at Target, Amazon, and LEGO Shop at Home here in the US. Christmas/holiday buying really wipes out these big sets--or so wise people have told me.

If we don't see this in good supply this summer, maybe it's time to panic. Am I buying PC? You bet, but slow and steady. Early panic could lead to a GE sized glut in the secondary market.

I see about a 0.2% chance of this retiring before the next corner modular is released.  Regardless of the total number of modulars available or retiring, there should be at least 1 corner set available at all times until TLG decides to end the line entirely.

# of corner sets available by year:

2007:  1  (Cafe Corner)

2008:  1  (CC)

2009:  1  (CC)

2010:  1  (Grand Emporium)

2011:  1  (GE)

2012:  1  (GE)

2013:  2  (GE and Palace Cinema)

2014:  2  (GE and PC)

2015:  1  (PC)

2016:  At least 1.

MAYBE Palace Cinema retires at the end of this year if another corner is announced.  But until another is announced, I am not buying a single one (except my personal build).

• Like 1

^^^ good theory/analysis Xeeej.

So we should get one more corner to make a square block with 2 sets in between for a total of 12 sets. So 2 more to go a straight and a corner then they discontinue the line in 2017 10 years later. I would think they do the next corner last to complete the block.

• Like 1

^^^ good theory/analysis Xeeej.

So we should get one more corner to make a square block with 2 sets in between for a total of 12 sets. So 2 more to go a straight and a corner then they discontinue the line in 2017 10 years later. I would think they do the next corner last to complete the block.

Ah! But you assume a flat universe. If the modulars exist on a 3D manifold, then three 90-degree turns could complete the block.

In which case, no more corner buildings are needed and this set is done.

I have no proof that my modulars exist on a spherical transform, it's just a theory.

• Like 2

Sort of but add 10190 and a 2017 set, but I was just messing around

I can't add market street #10190.

Or I would have to add the haunted house too. (just kidding ;) )

Market street does not belong to the modular theme: it's a "Factory" set like sets 10200, 10183, etc.

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Factory

It only appeared on the back of the green grocer (so 3 sets were displayed to show that "hey, some more are coming ! Look how cool they are when you display many of them together !" and once the fire brigade has been released, the good old cafe corner took MP's place)

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

Market street does not belong to the modular theme: it's a "Factory" set like sets 10200, 10183, etc.

It only appeared on the back of the green grocer (so 3 sets were displayed to show that "hey, some more are coming ! Look how cool they are when you display many of them together !" and once the fire brigade has been released, the good old cafe corner took MP's place)

Agreed 10190 is Factory not Creator or in the modular line. I wonder why Lego included it in http://brickset.com/sets/10230-1/Mini-Modulars Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

^Thanks for the reply. Does that mean you can send a Lego set to Amazon and Amazon pays you for the set, before they go onto sell it for their own benefit? Sorry, but I'm new to the term FBA and still a bit confused by the whole "Fulfilled by Amazon" thing.

No need to be sorry. Amazon gives you the money after the items sell minus fees of course which I heard are quite high. I don't sell FBA but many here do so maybe they can explain better, actually I think there might be a thread about it I will have to look.

^Thanks for the reply. Does that mean you can send a Lego set to Amazon and Amazon pays you for the set,

they go onto sell it for their own benefit? Sorry, but I'm new to the term FBA and still a bit confused by the whole "Fulfilled by Amazon" thing.

Here you go http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5327-selling-through-amazon-fba/#entry153137

My latest PC from Amazon had codes 05R5. So pretty fresh, I'd say. Those old boxes (PS, TH, PC) do have ample wasted space. I haven't cracked a PC yet, but the box sounds half-empty like a potato chip bag.

I wouldn't recommend biting on those plastic bricksthough or your profits from selling lego the last two years will end up in the dentist's wallet.

Edited by Ciglione
  • Like 2

According to your same link it is also part of modular buildings. I know this because of the part where it says "Modular Buildings"

http://brickset.com/sets/subtheme-Modular-Buildings

Edited by mscheaf