10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

This is typical around Christmas time.

Last year the Falcon disappeared during the Christmas rush and MANY folks were sure it was gone. It was even found on clearance at MANY stores in late 2013 and early 2014. Sure enough it reappeared on shelves and lasted all of 2014. Now it has disappeared again, but this time it's not only Sold out but Sold out and discounted on the lego site itself. This makes it seem like it's truly done.

That along with the confirmation that the falcon is in the new film, slightly modified, makes it seem like the old 7965 is officially done.

Unless we're wrong. Again.

When they discount exclusives on the Lego website and it says sold out, was it really discounted at that price?  I never saw the GE for $134.98 and with how easily these modulars sell, I don't see what the point of discounting them is.  I have never seen exclusives discounted on LEGO Shop at Home, then again maybe I wasn't quick enough to buy any.

When they discount exclusives on the Lego website and it says sold out, was it really discounted at that price?  I never saw the GE for $134.98 and with how easily these modulars sell, I don't see what the point of discounting them is.  I have never seen exclusives discounted on LEGO Shop at Home, then again maybe I wasn't quick enough to buy any.

I don't either. I have heard people say it is so they are that price when you go to the store, but when I saw some of the discounted items at my lego store they were full price

How did the rumor get started? 

It doesn't seem that LEGO can retire sets fast enough for The Horde. Yes, I capitalized it. The Horde is now a proper noun. 

Anyway... I think The Horde is so hungry for another TH, The Horde will look everywhere. Not long ago some were suggesting The Tumbler might retire after only a few short months. Soon enough, some will talk about how overrated and "Exo Suit" The Tumbler is because the market is "flooded." Patience, please. Patience. 

PC is here for a while. Slow and steady wins the race, and there are other exclusives closer to EOL. 

• Like 2

You can see on SAH that the PC is a lot more available than the PS. Id stock up on the PS because I too think PC isn't going anywhere. Stock up on whatever has been around the longest and to start making your profits.

I doubt there will be another corner coming out soon.

Well, after TH I am now applying the Technic  policy that all sets have a 2-2.5 year lifespan and base my purchasing on that time frame.

If life gets extended then so be it but at least my back is covered.Even with this plan, sets like Arctic Plane can still go early so it

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads-up from Europe and do not let me tell you "I told you so".

***Palace Cinema only available at Lego SAH***

How about in other countries?

Target has it but price is inflated. Walmart and amz are oos. LEGO Shop at Home limit 5 so I'm not worried. 

Most exclusives seem to be low in stock everywhere right now. 

Edited by marcandre

Target has it but price is inflated. Walmart and amz are oos. LEGO Shop at Home limit 5 so I'm not worried. 

Most exclusives seem to be low in stock everywhere right now. 

Can the smart people around here shed a light on this then? What is going on? Is Lego pulling back exclusives from the open market? Will there come a massive campaign where Lego will advertise their website/store and Lego stores? Or is EOL imminent?

Last modular that has retired was TH. Just before we saw GE retiring. So the next in line to retire is a corner building? So PC?