10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

If you buy a Palace Cinema at the LEGO store, you're supposed to also get a Lego Movie Poster Sticker that you can replace one of the original stickers with.

Haven't got a Lego Movie Poster sticker sheet with my Palace Cinema.

Is this only available in the USA?

From a builder's standpoint, the problem with the sticker is they gave away one, but you have two sides to the window to decorate (all the other movie stickers with the set came in pairs so you could mirror them on each side of the window.) 

We ended up leaving our Lego Movie sticker off our build and pristine and with the instructions, etc., in the event we or our heirs ever decide to sell the set.  :money:

• 1 month later...

About a month ago, I bought a Palace Cinema from a B&M LEGO store and asked about the LEGO Movie window sticker that they had been giving out with that set. Long story short, after a few minutes chatting up the sales associate, I walked out with several window stickers. Knowing these were/are selling on ebay for around $25, I thought it would be a good way to defray the cost of the Palace Cinema.

I've sold a few stickers and have a few remaining, so my question is this: Since I'm happy with the net spend on that set, is there any value in holding the remaining stickers for when Palace Cinema goes EOL and the price (hopefully) climbs like most expect? Am I better off selling my sticker stock now or keeping as many stickers as I have Palace Cinemas? Will the value of the PC + sticker be more than PC + $25 (sticker value now) in the future?

I appreciate any and all views...thanks!

About a month ago, I bought a Palace Cinema from a B&M LEGO store and asked about the LEGO Movie window sticker that they had been giving out with that set. Long story short, after a few minutes chatting up the sales associate, I walked out with several window stickers. Knowing these were/are selling on ebay for around $25, I thought it would be a good way to defray the cost of the Palace Cinema.

I've sold a few stickers and have a few remaining, so my question is this: Since I'm happy with the net spend on that set, is there any value in holding the remaining stickers for when Palace Cinema goes EOL and the price (hopefully) climbs like most expect? Am I better off selling my sticker stock now or keeping as many stickers as I have Palace Cinemas? Will the value of the PC + sticker be more than PC + $25 (sticker value now) in the future?

I appreciate any and all views...thanks!

Having the sticker will undoubtedly give your listing an advantage over the rest of the noise out there. I'd say hold out.

-JW

Having the sticker will undoubtedly give your listing an advantage over the rest of the noise out there. I'd say hold out.

-JW

That`s a good point, only thing to keep in mind though is that if he can get more $ by selling individually, 1 now, 1 later, that`s probably better. Whether or not he sells the PC later on is going to depend on price and more than likely his ebay feedback, so having the poster included may or may not help. I`d free the cash up now, but if you have a few, maybe keep 1-2. 

We got the freebie back when we bought our own Palace Cinema, and we're holding on to the sticker (didn't apply that one when we built the set) so that down the road if we or our heirs decide to sell off our personal collection, we can offer it to the buyer as a bonus.

We got the freebie back when we bought our own Palace Cinema, and we're holding on to the sticker (didn't apply that one when we built the set) so that down the road if we or our heirs decide to sell off our personal collection, we can offer it to the buyer as a bonus.

The set looks great without any stickers - that may limit the market for the movie sticker (only to collectors instead of public) so it may be bestfor the OP to sell most of them. $20 now seems better than $3x in 3 years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app

I bought a bunch at $5-7 each and have been selling for $25-30 each.

I recommend you sell them all now, and hold onto one for yourself or for longterm.

That is what I am doing.

I absolutely love the Lego Movie, but I think the interest short term until the next movie is waning.

I don't want to say that, but I worry about it, and then think I am glad I am more stocked up on R2D2,SSD,GE and other things like that than Lego movie sets.