10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

I did display it...for 3 months. My hopes when I set up the auction was to get around 140 for it. I see all these stupid ridiculous prices that some sets are fetching and I'm wondering why can't I get in on the action lol. Someone who lives in a place where LEGO is super expensive should have no problem paying 140-50 for this set don't ya think?

I'd at least wait and try to sell it to another investor on the boards here. I'm sure someone will make you a fair offer.

Problem is Whoever will want it will either want to pay below MSRP or atleast receive ''free shipping'' (like on LEGO) 

So it would be kinda impossible to sell such ''used'' set without a loss.

The only question is what will minimalize your loss the most!

These are all great respones guys thank you......let's go another direction now, how much do y'all see this set being worth in the secondary market? I know these newer modulars are venturing into unknown territory especially after all the new investors coming out of the wood works.

I think until we see FB & GE go EOL we are not going to know the performance of the newer modulars.

The last one EOLing was 10185 and there are a few sales each month averaging

I would put it up on craigslist for close to msrp, hoping that someone who is not as educated about lego prices snatches it up. the listing is free and lasts forever, so it wouldn't hurt. also, they can pick it up from you, so there is no shipping or other expense. at this point in time I don't think ebay is an option because their fees will eat up whatever you should happen to fetch for it. otherwise sit on it until the brick classifieds are up and running and I am sure one of us will give you a solid deal or trade.

I agree, put it on Craigslist. List it for 140, someone will offer you 120 or 130. Then you're only out 35 bucks or so. Consider your loss as a rental fee to build it. I do this a lot :)

EDIT: just checked amazon, the lowest price on a palace is 215. Be sure to mention that in your listing

• Like 1

not sure if this is an option for you but, maybe offer it as a trade for a set that you really want instead

You could trade it with a member on here using Brick Classifieds when it launches. (It would save money and you would likely have a trustworthy buyer/trader.)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope will successfully got my hand on my very first set of creator series 10232 palace cinema soon. Though lots comments negatively on its playability but for me I personally treat it as a collection and not for play. More to viewing pleasure. I will add more building sets into my collections soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the Palace Cinema. The wife and i built it over the holidays. Now she's hooked. She ordered the Grand Emporium from Lego and i picked up Fire Brigade off ebay. Then for my birthday, we picked up the Pet Shop. Just started building it tonight. Glad she enjoys building them as much as me. Cafe Corner and Green Grocer are not realistic for us to try and get at this point. But we're planning on picking up Town Hall and Parisian Cafe soon. I hope they do another modular that goes on the corner. We're making the whole street now. LOL Although i collect Star Wars sets as well, the modulars are much more fun to build. If you haven't done one yet, i highly recommend it! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought PS as my first modular set in 2012. Then I bought GE and FB last yr.

Now in 2014, I bought TH and PC ( I know many people think these two do not worth / not fit. but I want a corner with big banner like CC as I don't have. And an iconic tower like TH).

Now I am waiting for the PR. This is a must set for me, as I am waiting for a propose from my bf ;-) , I am too jealous while looking at that ring!!!

Here's my first 2.

FB, TH and PC are still MISB since I would wait until moving in to my new home after marriage :-)

post-32831-13907028899427_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

This may have been mentioned before, but I couldn't find it in the forums.

If you buy a Palace Cinema at the LEGO store, you're supposed to also get a Lego Movie Poster Sticker that you can replace one of the original stickers with.

This little sticker sheet is selling for over $30 on eBay.  Add in the free Martian Manhunter and VIP points and you're getting about $57 worth of free stuff for purchasing the PC right now.  not a bad deal. 

• Like 1