10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

• 1 month later...

This set has been flying under the radar on OOS pricing.  it's currently going for $225 on AMZN, and been about that range for at least a week.  Certainly not discontinued, just stocked out.  Interesting that PC jumped more than PS this season.  Might be an indicator of future post-EOL value.  Just my 2 cents.

The Cinema will be a big hit post retirement. It's currently the only modular I own. Most AFOL are also movie fans. It will also be the last $150 modular released which means a little more profit for reselling. I'm thinking about picking up the Detective Office as I think they will go together well.

• Like 2

The Cinema will be a big hit post retirement. It's currently the only modular I own. Most AFOL are also movie fans. It will also be the last $150 modular released which means a little more profit for reselling. I'm thinking about picking up the Detective Office as I think they will go together well.

I agree with you that th cinema will do well post retirement, what amazes me is they are not selling out here with all the additional 20% off and b1g150off sales.

Hopefully in me neck of the woods they underestimate this set.

How could one not have a cinema in their town!

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved my shipment, but my PC had a big hole in the box. Normally, wouldnt care too much if it was a build, but I plan to hold this one.

I was thinking of 2 options:

- Straight Exchange for Mint Box

- or get credit for a DO and hold that one.

pondering...

It will be surprising this set goes this fast out and will really catch a lot of people off guard.

Definitely a good set, a corner one of awesome design!

Not sure if it's just holiday shortage or what. We'll see. I didn't even see one at my LEGO store last weekend when I went there.

If it's out and PS is going, LEGO only has two modulars out? hmmm... I will bet they're smarter.

• Like 1

It will be surprising this set goes this fast out and will really catch a lot of people off guard.

Definitely a good set, a corner one of awesome design!

Not sure if it's just holiday shortage or what. We'll see. I didn't even see one at my LEGO store last weekend when I went there.

If it's out and PS is going, LEGO only has two modulars out? hmmm... I will bet they're smarter.

I thought that surely, with a Star Wars movie coming out, Lego wouldn't discontinue the set they have with one of the most iconic Star Wars character's in it (r2d2) but they did. Now I am done with the f5game. if it's been out for a while, and I like it, I am buying it. If I hold it for a while, well, at least I have time to acquire them with discount giftcards and the like as opposed to f5ing for retail. And the fact that everything else has restocked, but this hasn't, scares me.

• Like 2

just pulled the trigger on 3 pc's... its funny what a little fear from TH does to a person, lol.

I'm thinking of doing the same. With the possibility of sets being the norm of retiring out of order (TH), it makes you want to at least buy one of each and just hold. I'd hate to hold too long though. I guess if it's been out a year or two then that's not as bad as getting it as a new release.

• Like 1

It's ok to stock some if you want, no problem. But guys don't be paranoids. If lego knew they would not produce anymore PC on autumn 2014, would they put it on the back of the DO's box for display, knowing the DO will stay a while on shelves ? No, because customers would be disappointed (or even upset) not to be able to get this modular displayed along with the PR and the DO on the back of the box.

IMO the PC is not going anywhere before autumn 2015 and will not poof tomorrow, and my guess is only based on the back of the newly released DO. No need to panic and buy tons of PC this month... unless you want to see another production run quicker than expected.

Edited by biniou

It's ok to stock some if you want, no problem. But guys don't be paranoids. If lego knew they would not produce anymore PC on autumn 2014, would they put it on the back of the DO's box for display, knowing the DO will stay a while on shelves ? No, because customers would be disappointed (or even upset) not to be able to get this modular displayed along with the PR and the DO on the back of the box.

IMO the PC is not going anywhere before autumn 2015 and will not poof tomorrow, and my guess is only based on the back of the newly released DO.

normally I am right there with you... however, with the actual tape codes of R4 24 it scares me very much so that a brand new set comes with those codes.  I screwed up so bad on Town Hall that I dont want to make that mistake... im probably going to buy 10 before the month is over, lol.

IMO the PC is not going anywhere before autumn 2015 and will not poof tomorrow, and my guess is only based on the back of the newly released DO. No need to panic and buy tons of PC this month... unless you want to see another production run quicker than expected.

Grand Emporium had Green Grocer on the back... TLC did not feel obligated to continue to produce Green Grocer though

• Like 4

The Cinema is probably the best selling modular. You guys are nuts to think that Lego will retire it now. Town Hall was a poor seller hence its early demise. I also think R2 and Haunted House were not great sellers. Don't fall trap to your own hype.

Or it is PR. You can't know. HH was unavailable at most places. You don't have any information to make inferences like that. There are also other reasons. Differing production costs etc. R2 being a poor seller was probably true though, too much competition from other SW UCS.

• Like 1

The Cinema is probably the best selling modular. You guys are nuts to think that Lego will retire it now. Town Hall was a poor seller hence its early demise. I also think R2 and Haunted House were not great sellers. Don't fall trap to your own hype.

Yeah, it was so popular last year that FAO Schwarz was giving away the $80 7347 Highway Pickup Truck with a purchase of the Palace Cinema to entice people into buying them.  

• Like 3

Out of stock at most retailers online? It's post-Christmas supply chain slow-down. I'm just not feeling PC retirement yet, not with PS still available and 2 years older.

Maybe I'm wrong and you can all take it to the bank, but it just isn't in the cards. That said--do the prudent thing and buy a few just to be safe. Slow and steady wins the race to avoid F5 panic.

• Like 1

Grand Emporium had Green Grocer on the back... TLC did not feel obligated to continue to produce Green Grocer though

Availability on US LEGO Shop at Home:

Green grocer:

05 Mar 08 - 08 Nov 10

Grand emporium

03 Mar 10 - 05 Oct 14

So they have been available at the same time for 8 months. That's what I was saying:

IMO the PC is not going anywhere before autumn 2015 and will not poof tomorrow

It's some form of an ad that the PC is on the back, something like "hey guys who are new lego collectors and bought the fiirst modular with this one, the great Detective's office set ! Be warned that we still have the PC and the PR and they are available now so go on the LEGO Shop at Home to get each of them !"

The back aims new lego collectors to help lego sell the two last sets, not to make people the need of a set they would not be able to buy.

Sorry if I'm not easily understood, I still have some trouble to write in english and brickpicker is the only forum in which I write in english, since the last 20 years ! lol

edit: but again, it's ok to stock some PC, no problem, I have a lot of them in my room (there were some deals on this set last year).

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1