10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

• 1 month later...

They should all have good returns once they go EOL.

Cool.  Thank you for responding to many of my questions/posts.  It's nice to have people be helpful with questions since I'm still a newbie here.  Cinema Palace still has some time before going eol, correct?  Didn't it just come out this year?  Don't want to tie up my funds on purchasing it if I still have plenty of time to get one in the future.

Cool.  Thank you for responding to many of my questions/posts.  It's nice to have people be helpful with questions since I'm still a newbie here.  Cinema Palace still has some time before going eol, correct?  Didn't it just come out this year?  Don't want to tie up my funds on purchasing it if I still have plenty of time to get one in the future.

The Palace Cinema came out last year. It has a long time before it will go EOL according to the pattern of the other modulars that Lego has released like the Fire Brigade. I expect this set to go EOL in the fall of 2017. You will have time to buy some of them before it goes EOL.

• Like 1

The Palace Cinema came out last year. It has a long time before it will go EOL according to the pattern of the other modulars that Lego has released like the Fire Brigade. I expect this set to go EOL in the fall of 2017. You will have time to buy some of them before it goes EOL.

I agree.  Unless we see a change in patterns, you've got oodles of time to stock up on this.  Now that I'm a little more established and have some decent stock rollover, I make it a point to grab exclusives/hard to find items each LEGO Shop at Home promotion, but I still haven't grabbed one of these.  If you can still find GEs at your local Lego store, put your money there.  Next up should (hypothetically, of course) be the Pet Store, but you probably have somewhere between 12-16 months to stock up.  Still, if your goal is to have 10 (or whatever your goal is) you could start spacing out your LEGO Shop at Home purchases to fly under then BanHammer radar.

I'll be getting a couple PS with some of the July promotions...spread out, slowly, slowly.  Avoid buying too many too quickly!

I agree.  Unless we see a change in patterns, you've got oodles of time to stock up on this.  Now that I'm a little more established and have some decent stock rollover, I make it a point to grab exclusives/hard to find items each LEGO Shop at Home promotion, but I still haven't grabbed one of these.  If you can still find GEs at your local Lego store, put your money there.  Next up should (hypothetically, of course) be the Pet Store, but you probably have somewhere between 12-16 months to stock up.  Still, if your goal is to have 10 (or whatever your goal is) you could start spacing out your LEGO Shop at Home purchases to fly under then BanHammer radar.

I'll be getting a couple PS with some of the July promotions...spread out, slowly, slowly.  Avoid buying too many too quickly!

Good advice.  Thanks.

Hey, how often do Lego have the promotions?  I am on their e-mailing list but never really paid attention to it before.

Hey, how often do Lego have the promotions?  I am on their e-mailing list but never really paid attention to it before.

Lego usually has promotions every month. The type of promo varies by month. Sometime you can get a free promo with a purchase over $75 or $100. Other times you will get a free promo with any purchase.

Lego usually has promotions every month. The type of promo varies by month. Sometime you can get a free promo with a purchase over $75 or $100. Other times you will get a free promo with any purchase.

Cool.  I'll have to order my Pet Shop in July then.  Is it pretty much the case that Lego won't offer a discount on these modulars because they are exclusives?  Is full price usually the norm? 

Cool.  I'll have to order my Pet Shop in July then.  Is it pretty much the case that Lego won't offer a discount on these modulars because they are exclusives?  Is full price usually the norm? 

Lego won't offer a discount on the modulars because they are on a no-discount list. I always have to pay full price when I buy exclusives from Lego, but you also have to factor in all the different promos they are doing and the VIP points as well. The best time to buy exclusives from Lego is when they are having multiple promos and you could get most or all of them by purchasing one set like the Pet Shop. If you can get some of those promos, you can sell them online to reduce the cost of the set you purchased.

Cinema Palace still has some time before going eol, correct?  Didn't it just come out this year?

Here is a table which resumes life of this theme. Nothing 100% sure for the future but I think it gives an idea of what/when modulars buildings will retire:

modula10.jpg

(click to enlarge)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I agree. Unless we see a change in patterns, you've got oodles of time to stock up on this. Now that I'm a little more established and have some decent stock rollover, I make it a point to grab exclusives/hard to find items each LEGO Shop at Home promotion, but I still haven't grabbed one of these. If you can still find GEs at your local Lego store, put your money there. Next up should (hypothetically, of course) be the Pet Store, but you probably have somewhere between 12-16 months to stock up. Still, if your goal is to have 10 (or whatever your goal is) you could start spacing out your LEGO Shop at Home purchases to fly under then BanHammer radar.

I'll be getting a couple PS with some of the July promotions...spread out, slowly, slowly. Avoid buying too many too quickly!

Veeg's advice here is gold... For anyone new to the game, learn from the knowledge and experience Veeg and Biniou are sharing here. Edited by Cross

• 2 weeks later...

It's the same with the Parisian Restaurant.

Modulars are now "Creator Expert", like the Horizon Express, etc. (look at the bottom right the "expert" tag).

Just some commercial stuff, for the age 14/16+ sets, making them even more appealing for the AFOLs ("look, it's not a toy, it's for experts !"). :)

Edited by biniou

This question may have been answered elsewhere, and if so I apologize, but does anyone know why the palace cinema was released under the creator theme, while the other modulars were not? I am curious as to why lego would do this.

I imagine when Lego first released Cafe Corner, they did not even consider coming up with a theme for it to branch with and simply put it out there on the market as is. Now things seem as though everything needs to fall under a certain category or theme especially after switching over to the five-digit set number system. I do not know a real reason other than perhaps Lego decided to organize their catalogue of products better for the customers and their selves. Creator just probably gave a better fit than City would have.