10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

I only read what emazers writes also and ignore the 300+ members who say the same thing.

Not that that wouldn't be redundant...

If he's not posting random stuff all he ever says is:

"I've told everybody that before but to me this set (xyz) is going to be BIG. So start uploading as soon as possible so that you get as many as possible over time and when it's done your fine". And of course "All of you that are selling this set right now for quick profit will have regrets about it in a couple of years when it's going through the roof. Stay strong and hold on to your sets for a couple of years for maximum profit!"

(Anything I missed? All sets he is into are really big and expensive and most of them exclusive. The amount of sets he's buying and the time he's holding them still doesn't work for everyone ^.^)

As for now there also have been like literally no real surprises when he said "buy this"... I mean he isn't wrong but I don't get how or why a lot of people see him as the yoda of brickpicking. His choices are obvious ones with minimum risk and he's going big and holding long. Nothing worldshaking going on there really.

So if anybody here posts: Buy all the modulars and SW UCS (okay probably you shouldn't buy the obviously ugly and stupid ones...) and don't forget about black pearl, imperial flagship, simpson house, TB, SOH, Helicarrier, Tumbler... the reaction would be like: "yeah... okay..."

If emazers steps in:"You should buy these... I'm doing it..." everybody is like "woah... thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience!"

So it's nice to see that somebody who obviously has a lot of trust into his investment strategy supports the idea of buying a set, but so far (I'm not a long time member here maybe I've missed something...) no surprises.

As for PC people should just get a couple now and if there are any sales they can upload more... If it retires early you got yours, if not you still got yours and can even get more if you think that's a good idea. (Also no magic...).

And honestly I don't know why there has been so much going on in this thread here lately... yeah the TH thingy has been interesting but that's that. A lot of people repeating the same thoughts of PC maybe also retiring soon or probably not really is just nonessential (at least to me... and obviously to stephen as well, because he prefers reading the same thing again and again only if emazers posting it ;-P ).

• Like 2

Yeah there isn't any real reason customer service reps would even need to know retirement dates. Their job is to assist you and to try to make sure you buy something, so the most they need to know is when an OOS set is scheduled to become available again. It doesn't do them any good from a sales perspective to be telling customers, "Yeah you've got 2 years left to buy the Palace Cinema, glad I could prevent you from spending money today."

If they knew and told people that a set will be retired soon they could tell them so people might hurry to buy this set even if they did not intend to originally. Same thing as with "Retiring soon" tags. What are they there for? To tell people: Don't wait too long, or it could be gone. Imo this IS a real reason why CS reps COULD know about retirement dates.

two things. 

I mean he isn't wrong but I don't get how or why a lot of people see him as the yoda of brickpicking.

he's not the yoda of brickpicking but gandalf.

So if anybody here posts: Buy all the modulars and SW UCS (okay probably you shouldn't buy the obviously ugly and stupid ones...) and don't forget about black pearl, imperial flagship, simpson house, TB, SOH, Helicarrier, Tumbler... the reaction would be like: "yeah... okay..."

If emazers steps in:"You should buy these... I'm doing it..." everybody is like "woah... thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience!"

"Obi-Wan: That boy is our last hope.
Yoda: No. There is another."

i believe trekgate is that "another".

How come most people see it as given that modulars collectors need to have at least one or two corner buildings? I think many collectors mainly have a straight wall the display their buildings along. It the wall ends, the LAST thing they need is a corner building because it goes into the "wrong direction", meaning one side points to one of the walls, so you dont really see it and secondly you cannot connect any more building from there. So, unless a majority or collectors build a square in the middle of a room (for which they would indeed need one or more corner buidlings) - which I find highly unlikely - I would suppose that the demand for any corner buidling is lower "by definition" than for any normal modular you can integrate into a straight street. If I am missing something important here, please enlighten me.

• Like 1

where are the quotes to support your first sentence?

How come most people see it as given that modulars collectors need to have at least one or two corner buildings? I think many collectors mainly have a straight wall the display their buildings along. It the wall ends, the LAST thing they need is a corner building because it goes into the "wrong direction", meaning one side points to one of the walls, so you dont really see it and secondly you cannot connect any more building from there. So, unless a majority or collectors build a square in the middle of a room (for which they would indeed need one or more corner buidlings) - which I find highly unlikely - I would suppose that the demand for any corner buidling is lower "by definition" than for any normal modular you can integrate into a straight street. If I am missing something important here, please enlighten me.

where are the quotes to support your first sentence?

Can't quote (I could okay... but I'm too lazy to do this...) but I want to back him up by saying that a lot of people here are highly speculating about the necessity of corner buildings whenever it comes to retiring soon etc. without a NEW corner building they CANNOT possibly retire the old one!!!!!! next one has to be a corner building... etc.

And yeah I agree... utter nonsense ;-) But still nice that we get corner buildings from time to time ^.^

@jaisonline: hope that was sarcasm/ironiy/just fun in your post? ;-P (okay actually I don't care that much really... but it's difficult to say what's real and what's just fun in this forum... guess we need an officla sarcasm/irony/just fun smiley-thingy...)

Can't quote (I could okay... but I'm too lazy to do this...) but I want to back him up by saying that a lot of people here are highly speculating about the necessity of corner buildings whenever it comes to retiring soon etc. without a NEW corner building they CANNOT possibly retire the old one!!!!!! next one has to be a corner building... etc.

And yeah I agree... utter nonsense ;-) But still nice that we get corner buildings from time to time ^.^

@jaisonline: hope that was sarcasm/ironiy/just fun in your post? ;-P (okay actually I don't care that much really... but it's difficult to say what's real and what's just fun in this forum... guess we need an officla sarcasm/irony/just fun smiley-thingy...)

I'm a mod as everyone knows. My posts are never mean spirited. I might question people for facts at times but that is pretty much the limit unless one really breaks the BP forum rules or is just acting like a jerk.

It's all in fun. Nothing to worry about. These are not the droids (or what's real or not in your post) you are looking for. Now move along ;)

I would like to see Lego come out with an inverted corner modular building.

An inside corner modular house would be tricky but seems doable. Such a small facade to look at though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aku_lego/sets/72157626276086097/

legofrik_4069_02.jpg

inside corner modular house

IMG_5989.jpg

inverse corner modular building MKII

PS-000.jpg

Modified modulars

11859549694_0edde852db_o.jpg

Asian restaurant (2)>Asian restaurant by hobbythom

• Like 4

If PS, PR and PC were all released at exact same time and you had zero of each, and you knew they would all retire and you had to buy only one, what would it be?

I would buy PCs all day long. Have you ever seen someone in a lego store checking out the PR? "Man that's cool!" Never

The PC could be the DS of the modular line, looks great, seems to sell great, why retire it. Kill off the underperformer PR like they did with the TH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

If PS, PR and PC were all released at exact same time and you had zero of each, and you knew they would all retire and you had to buy only one, what would it be?

I would buy PCs all day long. Have you ever seen someone in a lego store checking out the PR? "Man that's cool!" Never

The PC could be the DS of the modular line, looks great, seems to sell great, why retire it. Kill off the underperformer PR like they did with the TH

So now PR is an under performer? Where do you get your sales figures?

Is this where personal belief meets fiction?

I like the Palace Cinema well enough, but in fact Parisian Restaurant is so nice to look at, that it is my favorite (and my GF as well).

So if I could buy only one of these three, it would be the PR. If I could buy only one of all of the modulars for my own collection, probably also PR right now.

I guess people are very different when it comes to set preferences. My favorite SW UCS: AT-ST. Probably not the same for most though.