10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

You have outed yourself, pessimist

D'oh!

Thinking there may just be something to the theory that TLG will sunset (retire) those sets with boxes too big for their parts. I've always questioned the size/shape of LEGO boxes. Maybe PS and PC were designed with big boxes so consumers felt like they were getting something worthy of their money.

Isn't the DO box smaller? I haven't seen one in person. Maybe the theory has changed.

(And what is a pessimist doing investing in ANYTHING?) ;)

Edited by biking_tiger

According to your same link it is also part of modular buildings. I know this because of the part where it says "Modular Buildings"

http://brickset.com/sets/subtheme-Modular-Buildings

It's just for convenience.

The market street is also (obviously) in the Factory theme. But the PC is not.

Also note that the mini modulars are considered as "modular buildings" (not sure how to display them next to the other modulars ;) ).

After being fully restocked from xmas at all 3 stores locally this set has once again disappeared. Pet shop was also restocked and remains at 2 of 3 stores. Guess its time to max out the 5 limit on shop at home. Its the only exclusive other than red 5 which has been gone for awhile now that does not stay in stock.

If Amazon would put up a significant # at one time it just might stay in stock there for more than 10 seconds. It keeps blinking in via the stock tracker. I'm heeding your words, good sir.

Exactly... that is why they do not put up a significant amount. Cause people might think they still have plenty of time and postpone the purchase.

• Like 1

My PC arrived today too from Lego, outer brown cardboard box ,wrecked ,and i mean wrecked, and freebie missing, but PC in perfect condition , and Debenhams had bennys spaceship online at 28e today ,got 6 , no stock left , and i asked for more ,email says set discontinued,i wonder is it EOL pr just Debenhams that are out

For what its worth:

I called with a Lego Employee on the phone today and talked him into saying some information we could use.

Anyway, he told me that over 10,000 Palace Cinemas where made last few weeks and that they will be shipped out next month.

Thanks for posting. The 10k number is significant. Please post if your hear anything else.

• Like 1