10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

Palace Cinema was in stock for 2 seconds(on amazon)... i one click bought it and i missed it.  hilarious.

It's been popping up all week.  I submitted about 100 one-click orders before it finally added a single unit to my cart.   Took almost 5 days of on-and-off checking stock to get this one order.  I really need to figure out how to do an autobuy script.

Yes.  Or per order.

All of the above.

(seriously... ish)

It depends on how much you fear the Ban Hammer.

And you can as well get banned for not even exceeding it once. I think you should see it as a technical limitation. If you do anything that could be perceived as buying for reselling, they might ban you, no matter what the stated limit was.

Yeah, I'm quire new to this, but are you saying Lego can permanently ban you for say, purchasing the limit of a given set on your Lego account, and then purchasing the limit of the same set instantly again on the same account but addressed for another person or friend?

Do actions like this get people banned from Lego SAH permanently, or perhaps temporarily? Has it happened before?

I'd be grateful if someone could give me an answer. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I'm quire new to this, but are you saying Lego can permanently ban you for say, purchasing the limit of a given set on your Lego account, and then purchasing the limit of the same set instantly again on the same account but addressed for another person or friend?

Do actions like this get people banned from Lego SAH permanently, or perhaps temporarily? Has it happened before?

I'd be grateful if someone could give me an answer. Thanks in advance.

You might want to check out this thread: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9997-lego-bans-open-discussion/

To answer your question: Yes, might get you banned; haven't heard of temporary bans. Also mind that US and EU are different. EU LEGO Shop at Home seems to be a bit more lenient when it comes to bans.

Just for LOLs sent fishing email (not phishing email though), along the lines of should I buy PC right now or can wait till September/October.

Below is the response. I am guessing the responder did not bother look into "the database", given the wording...

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I can't blame you for wanting to get your hands on the Palace Cinema for your daughter. Most of our sets typically have a shelf life of 12-18 months which means this set could most likely still be available in September or October. I would suggest to monitor the website and when it shows retiring soon to purchase the item since we maybe running close to the life cycle. I hope this helps and I'm sure your daughter will love that set when you finally give it to her. If you need anything else please let us know.

Edited by No More Monkeys
  • Like 1

When did we decide there is a database that CS reps have access to? I can't keep up with all these theories.

They told me On a call about 6 months ago. I did not ask they just were saying what they were checking when they were getting it for me on a set.

I think multiple people have reported it.

I think it was called the planned manufacturing date field but can obviously change at any time...

Interesting how everyone thinks this set has life, which it should, but also so everyone is buying it or wanting to buy it at least it seems on the surface,

I guess everyone with concern has already blown through their limit 5 at LEGO Shop at Home where it has been readily available to ship for some time.

I imagine the call somewhat like this:

"Hello, this is LEGO support, how can I help you?"

"Hello madame, I'm calling because I wanted to know for how long PC will be around, since I'm planning on buying some for my little daughter. I'll need about hundred PC for my daughter... and while you're at it add hundred ToO and Slave I as well... and twenty tumblers please... it's her birthday you know..."

"You wanna Ties with that?"

"Yes please... one hundred"

Just for LOLs sent fishing email (not phishing email though), along the lines of should I buy PC right now or can wait till September/October.

Below is the response. I am guessing the responder did not bother look into "the database", given the wording...

I can't blame you for wanting to get your hands on the Palace Cinema for your daughter. Most of our sets typically have a shelf life of 12-18 months which means this set could most likely still be available in September or October. I would suggest to monitor the website and when it shows retiring soon to purchase the item since we maybe running close to the life cycle. I hope this helps and I'm sure your daughter will love that set when you finally give it to her. If you need anything else please let us know.

Someone needs to tell that employee that Palace Cinema came out in March 2013.  It has exceeded its 12-18 month shelf life!

Someone needs to tell that employee that Palace Cinema came out in March 2013.  It has exceeded its 12-18 month shelf life!

Yeah and exclusives are pretty much not the "most of our typical sets". Average lifetime should be over 3 years now (for the post 2010 bunch at least).

Edited by inversion

The fact that they say "Most of our sets typically have a shelf life of 12-18 months" proves this person knows nothing.

Remember back in the day when it was well known that the employees didn't know jack? Yeah I'm sticking with that until we have solid evidence that proves otherwise. Giving their employees access to such info doesn't seem to fit with their plan on combating resellers. Plus even if they did have this database I'm sure all the people here calling up asking CS reps to check the database would mess it up for everyone. This is why we can have nice things.