10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

I have to hope retail stock is going to dry up soon.  Otherwise we will be staring at these a long time.

If analogy serves, the Trick or Treats and Thanksgiving Feasts dried up at the store at least a month before the holiday--the latter lasting a little bit longer than I expected--then there was the usual race to the bottom, where people who could easily have gotten $20 settled for $17-$18, and then the slow-and-steady-wins-the-race crowd watched as the demand finally started creeping up to our asking price. Kudos to the recent sales of Trick or Treat on ebay that are getting $21 and $22 with time left to spare until Halloween. Thanksgiving Feast has been dabbling in the $17-$18 range, but looks like it might climb to near $19 by the end of this weekend.

SW is a hot seller and the ones who panic and price low will be left to watch the holdouts sell theirs in December for a good gain.

Looking at my spreadsheet, I sold SW at $95 on 11/22; $99 on 11/25; $130 on 12/1; $150 on 12/3 before I couldn't find any more at the stores

• Like 1

If I didn't have a wife glaring at my fat stacks of lego.... I might not even try to sell SW this year if the price stays low.  But I gotta move some product or face the wrath. 

I'm in the same boat. Simple fact is the sooner it poofs from retail, the better it will look this Xmas and future seasons.

Edited by Brickerbrack

Correct, but QFLL, resellers, collectors, investors, hoarders and double VIP Train promo loving AFOLs are. 

If I remember correctly it was easy to get last year into November.  Not that last year is the same as this year, I'm just saying it's not even Halloween, we can't expect the Christmas set to be gone already.  There's only so many us wackos can soak up. 

If I remember correctly it was easy to get last year into November.  Not that last year is the same as this year, I'm just saying it's not even Halloween, we can't expect the Christmas set to be gone already.  There's only so many us wackos can soak up. 

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9891-10245-santas-workshop/?do=findComment&comment=353461

after it went OOS at LEGO Shop at Home on 10/25 when limit was 5 it came back 11/7 limit 1. It was available at TRU online 3 times very briefly. 

• Like 1

I'm holding firm on selling these at $120-$150+ ... Those that don't sell go to cold storage. After all it is presumed this is year two of this Xmas set and will retire once stock dries up. I would expect Lego to either stop or non stock these past February like it was this year. Patience is the key.

• Like 1

why would this set perform this year as it did last year ? It is much more hoarderd and more available than last year by a wide margin . 

folks were  buying by the three digits (exaggeration)  on Walmart that one time and it lasted for hours. 

don't be claiming on here to be buying hundreds unless you have proof

or else someone may call you out on it

rofl

• Like 1

Ahh such cute display of passive aggressive behavior.  

Seriously, last year is not going to behave like this year, IMO.  Plus, there's another santa set coming down the pipe, so there's going to be more available to the customer.  I also wouldn't be shocked to see ongoing santa themes year after year after year.  

Edited by fossilrock

why would this set perform this year as it did last year ? It is much more hoarderd and more available than last year by a wide margin . 

folks were  buying by the three digits (exaggeration)  on Walmart that one time and it lasted for hours. 

Buy in is max $70 each and cheaper at times. Don't tell me your doubting a triple digit sale this xmas. Until I see or hear of a revised or new set with mr and Mrs. Clause, I'll take my chances with 10245.

after it went OOS at LEGO Shop at Home on 10/25 when limit was 5 it came back 11/7 limit 1. It was available at TRU online 3 times very briefly. 

Impressive.  Where do you access that data?  Or do you just remember that?

Maybe I'll stash a bunch of these in my brother's barn.  I could probably have them in there for a year without him noticing.  VT cold storage.  -20 F.