10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

12 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

There's still a chance.  Amazon may be out of stock, unless I'm missing something.  How many other retailers have it?

none!!!!! YES!  this is new since i ordered 2 more over the weekend.

no wonder my holiday promo-Santa workshop bundle is getting so many more looks - time for a price nudge :)

Edited by cladner

My son built this set the other day, and I do think it's a stunning and charming little set.  I find most of the winter village sets redundant and somewhat average, but this one sticks out.  Unfortunately, I think having 400 resellers bunched up like that for a set that is pretty much only garner people's attention one month out of the year is a an extremely high number and I think it will take a few years to purge those numbers to a respectable level where prices could be respectable.  To me, just making 2x on a set can be done with so many other sets, that it's almost pointless to fight the tide on something like this.  Also there is a chance Santa themed sets will be remade many times in the future.  So, that could hit the value of this one too.  So, the view of hoarding this one doesn't look good in the next year, and could be a big risk long term.  I really like this set, but there's a point where you have to step back and look at the numbers.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, asharerin said:

4 FBA sellers front running amazon on this set. Don't see that too often. Race to the bottom on most items this year. Time to shift gears yet again.

I'm long term hold on this set so when I saw Eric post that it was sold out in Europe I figured I may as well go grab two more at Amazon. When I saw there were still 400+ sellers six days before Christmas I chuckled and decided to wait a little longer.

I think a lot of resellers lost their common sense with the seasonal sets this year - when you know the number of sellers is getting bigger and that a lot of them are buying the same sets in multiple numbers diversification has to be the byword. I wonder how many of the advent calendar/SW/ecto bigshots will be around next year....

18 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

Oversupply seems to be the theme for this year across the board. I think retailers got greedy this year and put out too much product.

It's a pendulum. When retailers under-order, it's a frenzy for the QFLLs; when they over-order, post-holiday clearance becomes a bonanza. I try to be happy (and profitable) either way.