10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Did not know that was an option.  Anyways, I don't get all the panic.  This set is gold.  If it's not gold this Christmas then it's gold next year, or the one after that.  If you can't wait that long go bet on the ponies.

Agreed. I don't see this being the golden goose it was last year. down the road, it will be.

so virtually 100% of the last 15 I've received from Target have this annoying sticker with a bar code on it usually put right on front. 

anyone else experiencing this?

is this a not so subtle anti-reseller policy?  i've gone to ordering 1 at a time, 1 -2 per day spread out and still getting stickered.  hair dryer is getting too much usage.

so virtually 100% of the last 15 I've received from Target have this annoying sticker with a bar code on it usually put right on front. 

anyone else experiencing this?

is this a not so subtle anti-reseller policy?  i've gone to ordering 1 at a time, 1 -2 per day spread out and still getting stickered.  hair dryer is getting too much usage.

The ones I received from Target the first day they had them came stickerless. The stock I get from Target with stickers are always either returns or stock routed from a store. New stock straight from lego out of the carton never have the stickers.

yes the initial ones were sticker free.  assuming this set doesn't find itself on a shelf at a store, these must all be returns then.  so all the stock that keeps turning up on target over the last week must be returns from the initial shipment. weird that they get so many returns.  the boxes are in great shape otherwise.

all of the walmart ones were mint and sticker-free.  i wish walmart would find another pallet or 10.

just checked out the number of resellers that already have a listing on Amazon :O

Yep… when they start to hit that high, it's time to find something else.

Did not know that was an option.  Anyways, I don't get all the panic.  This set is gold.  If it's not gold this Christmas then it's gold next year, or the one after that.  If you can't wait that long go bet on the ponies.

Yeah, but to think that lego won't always have a santa set of some sort would be considered extreme wishful thinking.  I could see this set regurgitated into infinity.

yes the initial ones were sticker free.  assuming this set doesn't find itself on a shelf at a store, these must all be returns then.  so all the stock that keeps turning up on target over the last week must be returns from the initial shipment. weird that they get so many returns.  the boxes are in great shape otherwise.

all of the walmart ones were mint and sticker-free.  i wish walmart would find another pallet or 10.

People may see that, so close to the train promo, SW's are still in stock on Shop @ Home and have returned a couple of their earlier purchases to snag the train promo instead. A guess at best, but there's some sense behind it. I was contemplating doing this myself... 

First time I've had a delivery from Target that came basically naked. Two 10245 delivered in a simple plastic sleeve. Boxes are wrecked, seals popped on one of them. 36R5 seal codes.

I recently returned a Death Star that arrived naked.  I originally planned to keep it but Target had them available again so I ordered a replacement.  When I returned it to the store, the lady was shocked that I didn't call them to complain.  She said "they will typically send you a gift card for that kind of mistake". 

This is the same lady that pulled my 4x IR order the other day. She asked me if I resell.  My spidey sense tingled a bit so I just told her we sell the parts and minifigures on eBay (a lie).  She didn't really buy it .. "oh, I didn't realize there was a market for that."  So a few days later when I put the naked Death Star on the counter covered with stickers and shipping tape she said "I thought we talked about this already...you just sell these for the parts?"  (smiling, of course).  We all have those one or two store clerks or customer service reps we hope to avoid, don't we? 

• Like 5

I recently returned a Death Star that arrived naked.  I originally planned to keep it but Target had them available again so I ordered a replacement.  When I returned it to the store, the lady was shocked that I didn't call them to complain.  She said "they will typically send you a gift card for that kind of mistake". 

This is the same lady that pulled my 4x IR order the other day. She asked me if I resell.  My spidey sense tingled a bit so I just told her we sell the parts and minifigures on eBay (a lie).  She didn't really buy it .. "oh, I didn't realize there was a market for that."  So a few days later when I put the naked Death Star on the counter covered with stickers and shipping tape she said "I thought we talked about this already...you just sell these for the parts?"  (smiling, of course).  We all have those one or two store clerks or customer service reps we hope to avoid, don't we? 

BUSTED 

candace.jpg

• Like 1