10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

I'm a noob and I'm staying out.  I'm sure there's money to be made but if Ed is saying there's better places I'll stay conservative and look for other things.  My worry is the "new" 10249 will end up making this set stay around another couple of years.

Stay out and you could be sorry in late November early December. If this set replicates its 2014 Xmas high, you will not be disappointed. There aren't many $70 buy ins that can do this. It's on its last Xmas, per se. Get em while you can.

Stay out and you could be sorry in late November early December. If this set replicates its 2014 Xmas high, you will not be disappointed. There aren't many $70 buy ins that can do this. It's on its last Xmas, per se. Get em while you can.

unless the market gets flooded with supply there is no doubt that everyone will need a LEGO SANTAS WORKSHOP for CHRISTMAS at whatever price 

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 1

Don't forget that there are two Christmas themed sets out this year. Plus there are MANY more resellers this year paying attention to it. I have no doubt that it is a winner- I have a dozen to back that up, however repeating history- especially since TLG has changed its gameplan I'm not so sure.

There is much more reseller competition period, and I think it will affect sales across the board, not just for this set.

Just curious what you guy think about the increased re-sellers. I would think that many are in it for the quick flip and not want to tie up resources in sets for more then 18 mo and move along to the next best thing. Now would it make sense to allow them to make their flip instead of having a price war heading downward and then make more once supply has dwindled? Opinions?

Just curious what you guy think about the increased re-sellers. I would think that many are in it for the quick flip and not want to tie up resources in sets for more then 18 mo and move along to the next best thing. Now would it make sense to allow them to make their flip instead of having a price war heading downward and then make more once supply has dwindled? Opinions?

I´m leaving the seasonal stuff all to them and the old timers to quick flip, cut each other´s throats, break even or whatever they want. Now if Lego would just hurry on and retire the Death Star......

Edited by valenciaeric
  • Like 1

If i had to guess I'd say the majority of new re-sellers either dont have a strategy or dont have the patience to hold onto sets for the long term.  All depends on what your strategy & goals are but if it were me I'd wait on the initial quick flippers to clear out and take there few % gain and hold on.  

But say you stock up on SW and next xmas its EOL and going for 2 x RRP... might be too soon but if there was some other set that caught my eye I'd flip it right there :)
Personally if you buy a set for the long haul then I'd ignore all the QFLL noise you're bound to get and just keep the end goal in mind.

• Like 2

If i had to guess I'd say the majority of new re-sellers either dont have a strategy or dont have the patience to hold onto sets for the long term.  All depends on what your strategy & goals are but if it were me I'd wait on the initial quick flippers to clear out and take there few % gain and hold on.  

But say you stock up on SW and next xmas its EOL and going for 2 x RRP... might be too soon but if there was some other set that caught my eye I'd flip it right there :)
Personally if you buy a set for the long haul then I'd ignore all the QFLL noise you're bound to get and just keep the end goal in mind.

These days you need an end game but with variable geometry escape valves!

I´m leaving the seasonal stuff all to them and the old timers to quick flip, cut each other´s throats, break even or whatever they want. Now if Lego would just hurry on and retire the Death Star......

LEGO said: "We are currently making more, just for Valenciaeric so please check back soon for availability"

• Like 3

Don't forget that there are two Christmas themed sets out this year. Plus there are MANY more resellers this year paying attention to it. I have no doubt that it is a winner- I have a dozen to back that up, however repeating history- especially since TLG has changed its gameplan I'm not so sure.

There is much more reseller competition period, and I think it will affect sales across the board, not just for this set.

I feel like I've stepped into a time machine and gone back to 2014...or 2013...or 2012...

• Like 1

The horde got discouraged because they weren't able to make the worldwide supply vanish in 5 minutes and therefore the market is flooded and this is a dud.

Ordered 3 more...a lot in stock...or just nobody buying?

Hoping these are in stock at lego mid month to get the free seasonal set.

Oh lord here we go... the flashback of JW line... how could people think this or the Winter Toy Shop not be available into January? Lego still have time to pump a lot of these out to have them fly off the shelve in December. Maybe we should take a deep breath in regards to availability of these winter sets.