10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

I'm glad we all have our own strategy... even if I don't comprehend some of them. 

Yep. My money is tied in a few different things. These were going to be a quick flip, but I don't see that happening this year. I have 12 that I was collecting during the early spring, and will hold onto those for the long haul. Everyone also has different standards in ROI; if I can't double my money it is not worth the time and effort.

Even with the current waves the prices have maintained relatively stable at $110 or so BIN. It is only September, so demand from end users will obviously increase as Holidays approach and that might be when we start seeing a lot more listed too, possibly pushing the price down. It all depends on how heavily produced this set was during the previous months...if it disappears relatively early again, then all bets are off.

• Like 1

I don't know how anyone is making money on this set selling for $110? (some even lower)  with free shipping.  

That is just plan wasting time and effort.  

Well they are making money just not much. Looks like the cutoff to break even is roughly $93 but that is with free shipping and cost to ship out at $12, all of which is variable.

I'm still waiting on mine from amazon. Iffy about ordering too many.

Again, for the 495902057478409570843604784th time, we don't know what everyone's buy in is. They could have stolen them for all we know.

When I calculate my strategy, the first constant in my code is the assumption that all my competitors are getting their product for free.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 9

This + small item usually enough to get free shipping and a promo from LEGO Shop at Home. That's $10-$20 off depending on the month

Note for newer members: If you decide to use this method to calculate your purchase price, make sure not to double dip, ie. use the promo as $ off purchase price when calculating profit from Santa's Workshop AND also adding profit from the sale of promo to the total profit for that month/week/year.

It is 1 way or the other

• Like 1

Note for newer members: If you decide to use this method to calculate your purchase price, make sure not to double dip, ie. use the promo as $ off purchase price when calculating profit from Santa's Workshop AND also adding profit from the sale of promo to the total profit for that month/week/year.

It is 1 way or the other

What fun is that?  I saved 50% and a bundle on my car insurance.

• Like 2