10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Used to be, post EOL was the only game in town. Now it seems the new folks are just after the big flip on release. That's a hard, cruel game to play.  My best tool is patience--and it seems like it's in short supply. 

Santa will do investors just fine, and 10235 has just now disappeared at retail. I'm not writing her off yet...

Right now 10235 might be the better bet of the two. Depends how flooded/ tight the market for 10245 is and how many people got 10245 and 10199/10249 butpassed on 10235 and don´t have a set to build this year..

2-3 years goes by quickly, then you have a big pile of gold.  What's wrong with that?  Patience, buy when you can, put them away, move on to the next thing.

Same exact thing as the stock market. Are you checking your retirement account every single day and selling within a year? No. Obviously this is an extreme example but I think people get the principle behind it lol.

My overall message prior was not that this set is bad, I think it is gold. My point was greed and fear and how quickly people can be swayed to go all in and clean out every last one or return, cancel or not invest in any. Group think coupled with those emotions is what makes investing a losing business for many. Changes are in the wind and people better pay attention.

• Like 3

I can't believe that there's so much "the sky is falling" on a set that just got its 2015 holiday launch. Admittedly I have not been paying attention for long, and haven't seriously been looking for more than a few months. Can someone tell me if I am wrong about any of the following suppositions.

1. this set is seasonal, so LEGO was bound to pull it out of production after the holiday last year, because no one wants to build a Christmas themed set in March.

2. these holiday sets tend to have a 2 year cycle

3. The official re-release date was most likely this week when LEGO officially put it up on their site.

4. Most popular toys rise in price early until supply begins to roll out in force, then it drops to regular levels.

5. We have no reason to believe that this set will make a reappearance next year

• Like 1

I can't believe that there's so much "the sky is falling" on a set that just got its 2015 holiday launch.

Not sure what the hysteria is all about either. Great set that has great margin if you buy cheap and sells very well Sep - Dec. I have a feeling the board is just bored. About this time last year we had GE, HH and TH gone with 4 more great exclusive sets retiring just 2 months later. That was a special year. Had plenty of cryptic clues and fun with Ed as well. This year we have Maersk EEE and ToO retiring without a peep. Not quite the same.

Interesting. LEGO Shop at Home now says "Coming Soon"

Screenshot 2015-09-22 10.27.09.png

Perhaps the volume of orders was great right out of the gate and TLG didn't want to run out of this set before October/November or build up a large log of backorders that they wouldn't be able to fulfill in time for xmas...

Certainly one wouldn't pull availability because the set was a dud that no one wanted.

Got my weekly 2 from amazon this morning.