10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Anyone think LEGO would sell SW for an extra year (best holiday set yet?) and only sell the Toy Shop for one year since it will probably have more limited sales as a rehash? Then they go back to the routine making new set next year and let SW and TS fade away simultaneously?

Thinking about 10249, I wouldn't be surprised to see this set available next year. I hope I'm wrong...

I don't think you are.  I realize it's a curve ball to us this year, and anything can happen, but every winter set has been a two year release.

I suppose they could discontinue this next year, make more SWs, and produce a new set (e.g., new set and SW are the two sets for next year).  But that would buck the trend.

Seems like it's going to be easy money for LEGO to reproduce 10249 again next year, and throw out a new set next year.

Edited by Alpinemaps
Clarified meaning of last sentence

Yeah, some people out there don't consider SW a "true" Winter Village set. In regards to it being the most unique of the theme, they're correct. Santa's Workshop is sort of out of place but does have a broader appeal than the others. It could easily live beyond this year.

Yeah, some people out there don't consider SW a "true" Winter Village set.

That just sounds weird to me. I mean how much more 'Christmassy' can you get than the fat guy in a red suit's unsanctioned sweat shop employed by a handful of vertically challenged individuals working their butts off throughout the entire year with all effort directed towards only one day with him ultimately getting the credit and praise worldwide. It's simply mindboggling.

• Like 5

So, this is the #4 top seller on LEGO Shop at Home (after Series 14 minifigures, Thanksgiving Feast & Wall-E). #5 is Star Wars Advent followed by the new (barely) updated Winter Toy Shop. This tells me that even though this was available last year, people would rather have Santa's Workshop than a rehashed Winter Toy Shop...

So, this is the #4 top seller on LEGO Shop at Home (after Series 14 minifigures, Thanksgiving Feast & Wall-E). #5 is Star Wars Advent followed by the new (barely) updated Winter Toy Shop. This tells me that even though this was available last year, people resellers would rather have Santa's Workshop than a rehashed Winter Toy Shop...

Fixed :whistle:

• Like 4

So, this is the #4 top seller on LEGO Shop at Home (after Series 14 minifigures, Thanksgiving Feast & Wall-E). #5 is Star Wars Advent followed by the new (barely) updated Winter Toy Shop. This tells me that even though this was available last year, people would rather have Santa's Workshop than a rehashed Winter Toy Shop...

Santa's workshop is more popular because its not a bunch of random minifigures like in a LEGO winter village.  

It's Santa Claus, a legendary mythic figure who's story has been around in one form (Saint Nicholas) or another (Santa Claus) for well over a thousand years.  This is the flagship Santa Claus set.  Regular LEGO end users couldn't get their hands on this for MSRP last year.  Now is their big chance.  I'm sure a few resellers are snagging too but this is one of those sets I would be afraid of going overboard on from shop at home and getting banned.  I will put in multiple separate single  orders mixed with some other smaller sets addressed to each of my kids when the holiday promo goes live though.

• Like 2

Last year that effect was barely felt as many opted to go the FBA route after missing the cut

Did not know that was an option.  Anyways, I don't get all the panic.  This set is gold.  If it's not gold this Christmas then it's gold next year, or the one after that.  If you can't wait that long go bet on the ponies.