10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Oh lord here we go... the flashback of JW line... how could people think this or the Winter Toy Shop not be available into January? Lego still have time to pump a lot of these out to have them fly off the shelve in December. Maybe we should take a deep breath in regards to availability of these winter sets.

Simply because they couldn't make it happen last year... and they can't seem to keep JW on the shelves during "slow season". Lego, by it's own admission (from one of those documentary shows) makes the vast majority of sales in the 4th quarter--mostly December alone. There are a lot of "balls" in the air, and some will be dropped.*

*10 to 1 it won't be Star Wars. 

• Like 1

Oh lord here we go... the flashback of JW line... how could people think this or the Winter Toy Shop not be available into January? Lego still have time to pump a lot of these out to have them fly off the shelve in December. Maybe we should take a deep breath in regards to availability of these winter sets.

Well last year the damn thing sold out in no time and given the fact that LEGO has another, all be it a reissue, holiday set to make Im not all that certain that it wont fly off the shelves again. Not to mention the effort Im sure will be put into keeping up with the star wars sets.

I am guessing SW will fly off the shelves like it did last year while the Toy Shop reissue will be piled high to the rafters collecting dust.

I ordered two 10245 Santa Workshop from LEGO Shop at Home but received two 10249 Winter Toy Shop instead,

Customer Service could not send me replacement since they have no stock of SW.

Should I keep them or return them ?( paid $69.99 for MSRP $79.99)

HYSTERICAL! They gotta get those 10249 outta there somehow...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

I ordered two 10245 Santa Workshop from LEGO Shop at Home but received two 10249 Winter Toy Shop instead,

A lot of us on here wouldn't ask that question. fwiw

• Like 1

send me your 10249, i will send you my 10245. problem solved 

PM me your address

j/k

• Like 1

Did customer service ask if you'd like to keep them instead of returning with no difference in what you've been charged?

If they offered that and if it were me, I'd keep one (as I want one to build) and return the other. You should be able to get SW somewhere.... and honestly, I can't see 10249 being worth more than 10245 long term.