10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Same story as last year but then they un retired it on October. I think this time it should be done for good.

I hope so, these days Lego seem to be very relaxed about slapping a "retired product" label on a set only to make it available again later. 

We´ll know when the 2016 ful set list is leaked. I imagine WTS will return along with a new Xmas set - if Lego has listened to comments from buyers and if the lead time has been sufficient. If it isn´t, they could be tempted to wheel out SW for a last hurrah.

Can´t see this set doing better than 10235, though - there are just too many out there.

50 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

We´ll know when the 2016 ful set list is leaked. I imagine WTS will return along with a new Xmas set - if Lego has listened to comments from buyers and if the lead time has been sufficient. If it isn´t, they could be tempted to wheel out SW for a last hurrah.

Can´t see this set doing better than 10235, though - there are just too many out there.

I think the backlash from 10249 will mean a new and fresh WV set for 2016 (they have already stated as such unofficially).  However that in itself does not mean 10245 cant make an appearance as well.  I doubt we will see both 10249 and 10245 back, but I would put it at 50-50 on which one is really cut loose.  10249 was a minor refresh with low investment cost.  if sales trailed 10245 they may just push 10245 to a 3rd year, and cut 10249 from the history books.

2 hours ago, Brickerbrack said:

Still available in US LEGO Shop at Home. Limit 2

It will probably last longer than WVM did. Lego must have made a billion of these based on the horde sales data from the previous year.

I feel like I say this every day, but, thanks horde!

• 3 weeks later...

Now let's hope it's retired for good and will not make another appearance next Xmas.

You said 30% off, was it on LEGO Shop at Home ? I've not seen such a discount on the French website.

edit: C2C right now and 30% off

Edited by biniou

I think it was across all EU since I just came across it accidentally when inadvertently browsing the German SAH and saw the discount and then quickly went to the UK SAH and saw the same deal and just called Customer Services. They said what they had left went very quickly and she said that there were three left. Was tempted to take all three but thought I may be pushing my luck so only went for two. I asked her whether they would get any more in and she said no, but who knows whether that means no until the run up to Christmas. Regardless extremely happy to get two and will sell one in the run up to xmas which will hopefully pay for the other one, which I will give to my children.

• Like 1

Called them up again, just to ask them on the off chance whether there were any left and obvious answer was no more left.  I did ask the question of whether there would be anymore and they said, it was done and won't be back.  Obviously as with previous sets, they can decide to bring it back.