10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

While my tongue was firmly in cheek, this thing does fly out of Amazon's warehouses. On the Amazon bestsellers, it's been between 12-22 in Toys (the total category) over the past few days. That's a ridiculous sales volume. 

370 is a mountain to climb, though. 

50/50

Edited by biking_tiger

• 1 month later...

264 sellers on Amazon and the lowest price is $90.00? I gotta say:  I'm impressed. I never thought that many sellers could hold a price much over retail.  'Course, I only have a couple (I paid full MSRP) so I gave up hope turning a profit on those a long time ago. But I'm sure there's a few of you making a few bucks on these. Good work!

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, jaylay said:

This one has a bright future just as long as a remake is far away. This season it was no where to be found in the places I've been too. Only on LEGO Shop at Home and Amazon and Walmart I guess. I say it retires in 2017. I'll be cashing in on my load Xmas 2017.

I only have one of these as I'm nervous of a second resurrection. It's Sold Out in the UK which leaves scope for another production run. It's a shame that it's in the back of my attic stash otherwise I'd offer it to one of you lot for £59.99 RRP ;-) I doubt this will do well in the UK due to the risky theme even though it's a cute set.

52 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

264 sellers on Amazon and the lowest price is $90.00? I gotta say:  I'm impressed. I never thought that many sellers could hold a price much over retail.  'Course, I only have a couple (I paid full MSRP) so I gave up hope turning a profit on those a long time ago. But I'm sure there's a few of you making a few bucks on these. Good work!

I think its the mini builds and characters. This set has so many crucially important christmas celebrities and icons. SANTA with sleigh, Ms. Claus, reindeer, elves with workshop.  No other christmas set yet has had even close to this ones star-power.  Its the Death star of commercial Christmas, it has all the key characters.

Edited by junkrigger
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2016 at 3:17 PM, junkrigger said:

I think its the mini builds and characters. This set has so many crucially important christmas celebrities and icons. SANTA with sleigh, Ms. Claus, reindeer, elves with workshop.  No other christmas set yet has had even close to this ones star-power.  Its the Death star of commercial Christmas, it has all the key characters.

so we should expect a rerelease this christmas!  get out while you still can....

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

I just sold mine for £11 profit and so glad to see the back of the damn thing. I will NEVER touch this theme again esp. now that the train is back!

I think we can see a pattern from the sets that have been kept alive for a longer than averag time and not remade yet (SW, PS, WH). The pattern is for steady but unspectacular growth as opposed to the boom to bust variations of some other sets like Seacow or Red5. I expect T1 and TB to fall into the 1st category.

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I just sold mine for £11 profit and so glad to see the back of the damn thing. I will NEVER touch this theme again esp. now that the train is back!

You must hate making money, you keep telling us how little profit you're making on sets which are selling ok everywhere else.

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

You must hate making money, you keep telling us how little profit you're making on sets which are selling ok everywhere else.

I made the mistake of buying this at RRP as I did with a lot of sets in the early days. I sold my Tower Bridges at a loss and filled the space with £22 Ecto1 and £25 WALL•E sets.

Do I hate making money? Bitcoin reached a new high today and I could cash in my £56,600 profit right now for doing nothing if I wanted to! ;-)

Guys... £11 on this set is NOT my idea of making money. Where has this set made >£11 after fees/box/tax/time?

Guest TabbyBoy

Guys... Stop trolling me and get on with what you think you're all so good at! Trust me... this is NOT the game it once was!

How many times have I told you that I'm NO LONGER investing in LEGO?

Does that stop me selling what I already have?

I DON'T THINK SO !!!

Some of you have got it into your thick heads that not investing in LEGO means me not being able to sell. I really fail to understand, do I just give the stuff away?

It's not the current dreadful LEGO investing climate that results in negative comments on here, it's mostly the big-headed-know-it-alls who are jealous of the success of others.

Now... GET A LIFE and show fellow members some respect!

I hate to agree with tabbyboy...

set dont sell higher than MSRP... some will do but many wont too. 76028 is retired for a year, still not at msrp.

buying sets a 20% is crazy now. I do at 50%. att 40% i pass. Time where money was to be done with buying at MSRP are done. 

For me taxes and fees just don't worth it. I don't want to put time for making small profit..

Edited by TargetZero

This set is already selling at over 100 euros for a max buy-in of 70. Many will have paid 60 or less and this is moving out of season.

The true test, as Tabby mentions, will come next Xmas. If this set really is done, prices should move towards 150 easily.

Not bad for a widely available set that had 3 returns from the dead in Europe.

WMV is doing much worse.