10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Seasonal is dead to me. Pretty soon I will be back to only buying star wars again as the horde ruins every other theme. I don't think the horde can ruin star wars yet. But if they can they will.

In the USA we have sellers undercutting Amazon who is itself selling at RRP on this set.

Looks like all those "Lego is better than gold" and "Lego shortage" articles late last year brought in a massive new round of suckers to this market. Got to hand it to the marketing department. Can't wait for the 2016 fourth quarter placements.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Poly 30286 said:

Ordered mine during 2x VIP March 2015 - didn't ship until 2 months later... I'm wondering if the back order led to overproduction during the summer. I saw at least five in my area LEGO Store last week

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Santa-s-Workshop-10245?fromListing=listing

Still available at SAH along with WTS is the explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

Great set! Christmas happens every year! We don't have to wait around a movie to put this set moving...

And yes, there are still a few out there and will stay there since the summer is just around the corner and I suppose no one buys these in the summer...

But in November and December these will be very hot!

Who wouldn't want to get one of these as a Christmas gift?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone noticed this yet, but Santa's Workshop (a fall 2014 release) is in the new Italian Catalog, so 10245 seems to be heading into its THIRD Christmas season, making it the first Christmas set to do so afaik (former sets were done after 2 years max.). For haters of TLG's 2015 Toy Shop audacity this means, it can even come worse than getting a remake: No new set at all that is! Or is TLG planning to have THREE Christmas sets this year. I doubt it with Star Wars still running the show (and many of TLG's machines).

5 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Don't know if anyone noticed this yet, but Santa's Workshop (a fall 2014 release) is in the new Italian Catalog, so 10245 seems to be heading into its THIRD Christmas season, making it the first Christmas set to do so afaik (former sets were done after 2 years max.). For haters of TLG's 2015 Toy Shop audacity this means, it can even come worse than getting a remake: No new set at all that is! Or is TLG planning to have THREE Christmas sets this year. I doubt it with Star Wars still running the show (and many of TLG's machines).

The first two Christmas sets, the Toy Shop and Bakery, were each available for 3 holiday seasons.

And there are rumors at least of a new holiday train as this year's set.

Edited by JDLego324

7 hours ago, miguelze said:

What Christmas sets will be available this year in Europe? Besides the new Christmas set from Lego's website.

Both this and 10249 are still available full price at US SAH!

Seasonal Item - An item that will be sold every season of the year.

• Like 1