10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

5 hours ago, LahH001 said:

John Lewis in the Uk had a new batch recently that sold out in a few days.  tags were 02S6.  This may not be done after all.

I don't know why but after the apparent backlash of the re-release it doesn't surprise me.  It does surprise me that 02S6 seal codes were seen.  Even if i think this one comes back later this year i don't know why they'd devote capacity to producing a seasonal set outside of season.
Every time I think I've got TLG figured out they throw me a spinner to remind me I'm just a blind man stumbling around in the dark.

Such seals are surprising but what would surprise me even more is to see Lego produce a set and keep the boxes in storage for nearly a year. That sounds unlikely to me. Don't tell me they plan to sell this set this summer.

My guess is that they produced some more sets because we still are in the winter season and there is still some demand, because yes, this is Xmas related, but it's a cute winter house (sort of) too.

IMO we can't see any conclusion with these 02S6 seals. And after all, it's only about seals, maybe it's a production issue and these are late sets (you can place seals whenever you want, maybe 99% of the containt of these sets were produced and they were waiting for some stickers or some rare bricks to be added inside boxes, for example).

Will it come back next Xmas, I would say it's 50/50...

19 hours ago, LahH001 said:

John Lewis in the Uk had a new batch recently that sold out in a few days.  tags were 02S6.  This may not be done after all.

I'm just wondering..."recently" (I'll count that as one day) "sold out in a "few days" (my 5 yo always tells me that means 3 or more).  So, that's 4 days, give or take, and today (Saturday) is February 6.  That seal, if true, means it was made in February of this year.  So, I'm wondering how they got them within 3 days of coming off the LEGO production floor.  Or maybe I'm missing something...

2 hours ago, Loghamel said:

I'm just wondering..."recently" (I'll count that as one day) "sold out in a "few days" (my 5 yo always tells me that means 3 or more).  So, that's 4 days, give or take, and today (Saturday) is February 6.  That seal, if true, means it was made in February of this year.  So, I'm wondering how they got them within 3 days of coming off the LEGO production floor.  Or maybe I'm missing something...

You can tell to your 5 yo that 02S6 = 2nd week of 2016, produced in Europe

It'll be helpfull if some day you ask him to decode some Lego seals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, biniou said:

Such seals are surprising but what would surprise me even more is to see Lego produce a set and keep the boxes in storage for nearly a year. That sounds unlikely to me. Don't tell me they plan to sell this set this summer.

One of the boxes that I acquired in October or November has 08R5 seal codes.  Otherwise, they are in the 30s.

Christmas 2014, my sister put in order when the set was TOOS and it was fulfilled in February.  Don't know if it was a 51R4 or a xxR5 seal code, though.

8 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

No it doesn't. Means second week of 2016. That's approx Jan 15. Reasonable shipping time to get them to retail locations by Feb 6th...

Thanks Zelg.  I figured I was missing something.

Zelgazra already corrected my mistake an hour before you, so I assume you were simply being witty in your response and tip.  Here's a tip for you;  if your goal is to be witty, either have a firm grasp of the language you are responding in or simply respond in a polite manner with your correction as Zelgazra did.  I could ask my 5 yo to restructure your sentence for you if you'd like him to correct it for you.

4 hours ago, biniou said:

Interesting, did you purchase it on the LEGO Shop at Home ?

Not sure, but doubt it.  I did buy 2 from shop at home, but early in the season I purchased from Amazon and Target.com, but the bulk were from the LEGO brick & mortar during gingerbread and train giveaway time.

Edited by hockeyweasel

7 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Here you have it. 02S6 tags. Whole point of this forum is to share information. If people dismiss out of hand such information and be rude, that's when people stop sharing.

Thanks LAH.  I had no doubt that the seals were indeed 02S6 once someone informed me that I was thinking it meant months instead of weeks.  I write it off to being the middle of the night when I posted.  I shoulda just waited until the morning to read it again and maybe it would've clicked.

How is this any different than any previous xmas creator set? It should retire sometime during this year and be gone for good. As is tradition. Where is the confusion coming from? WVM was available last year until Oct or something IIRC.

1 hour ago, JDLego324 said:

Early winter village sets were available for 3 years (the Toy Shop and Bakery, I believe).

According to Brickset, the winter village sets had the following availability timeframe:

• 10199 Toy Shop: 4 Oct. 2009 - 28 Nov. 2011 (2 years, 2 months)
  • 10216 Bakery: 3 Oct. 2010 - 2 Dec. 2012 (2 years, 2 months)
  • 10222 Post Office: 4 Oct. 2011 - 9 Dec. 2012 (1 year, 1 month
  • 10229 Cottage: 1 Oct. 2012 - 14 Dec. 2013 (1 year, 1 month)
  • 10235 Market: 1 Oct. 2013 - 8 Dec. 2014 (1 year, 1 month)
  • 10245 Santa's club & spa: 18 Sept. 2014 - now (1 year, 5 months and running)
  • 10249 Toy Shop: 2 Oct. 2015 - now (4 months and running)

1 hour ago, Roy vd M. said:

According to Brickset, the winter village sets had the following availability timeframe:

• 10199 Toy Shop: 4 Oct. 2009 - 28 Nov. 2011 (2 years, 2 months)
  • 10216 Bakery: 3 Oct. 2010 - 2 Dec. 2012 (2 years, 2 months)
  • 10222 Post Office: 4 Oct. 2011 - 9 Dec. 2012 (1 year, 1 month
  • 10229 Cottage: 1 Oct. 2012 - 14 Dec. 2013 (1 year, 1 month)
  • 10235 Market: 1 Oct. 2013 - 8 Dec. 2014 (1 year, 1 month)
  • 10245 Santa's club & spa: 18 Sept. 2014 - now (1 year, 5 months and running)
  • 10249 Toy Shop: 2 Oct. 2015 - now (4 months and running)

But none of these earlier sets were ever available during the summer months. Lego would put the retired tag on in February so so and unretire them in Sept./Oct. and then permenantly retire them after their second Holiday season. That used to be the lifecycle for these kinds of sets. Until investors came along...

Brickpickers all summer long: Oh my god! Are they bringing SW back??!!? I didn't get enough!!! Surely they aren't retiring it already!! Is this coming back???

Brickpickers on Jan 1st: WHY IS THIS STILL AVAILABLE!!!?!?!?!?! Why hasn't this retired yet??

ps: 10235 was available well beyond 13 months. Well beyond.

Edited by MarxMarvelous