Ideas #004: 21103 - The Delorean Time Machine

Mos_Eisley

I know the feeling, I was doing inventory as well and found out I had 11 10225 instead of 10 I thought I had.......:money:

That is called 'reproduction'. You might have the first reproducing R2D2s know to mankind in your closet.

You been playing some robo-Barry White there?

Edited by thoroakenfelder

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shows you what I know.  I would always see a ton of these at my local Lego store collecting dust.   Eventually, they sold, but I figured  there were a lot of these and we're slow movers which kind of surprised me.  I thought they would sell out quickly.  I always liked the set and bought 2 myself very early on the release.

I will definitely be getting the 2 BTTF Dimensions sets.  They'll go nicely with the Delorean.

Shows you what I know.  I would always see a ton of these at my local Lego store collecting dust.   Eventually, they sold, but I figured  there were a lot of these and we're slow movers which kind of surprised me.  I thought they would sell out quickly.  I always liked the set and bought 2 myself very early on the release.

I will definitely be getting the 2 BTTF Dimensions sets.  They'll go nicely with the Delorean.

Can we maybe all agree that this collecting dust helped this set tremendously? If it was not collecting dust and was not scooped up every time it was available its shelflife would probably be much longer.

Can we maybe all agree that this collecting dust helped this set tremendously? If it was not collecting dust and was not scooped up every time it was available its shelflife would probably be much longer.

Judging by the actions of the horde, no we can't all agree on that. I mean I do, but most seem to fail at this lesson and just panic buy everything at all times like everything is eol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice item about the predictions from BTFF2. Did they know the DS would still be around?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34569759

Well... no sign of DS in Back to the Future II. No wonder Biff Tannen became so rich. 

Ooh wait... there were several DS in the shopping window showing the antique stuff like the computer and the sports almanak.

• Like 1

I like the idea of the infographic, but disagree with it.  I think there are at least two timelines on there more than there should be.

To quote one person, "time travel gives me a headache."

I will say that I think I prefer LOST's way of handling time - it always happened, and it never changes.  It's certainly a different theory, and one that's a little more unusual in fiction.

The infographic is nice ....and confounding. :wacko: Of course anything involving time travel is headache inducing since there really is no clear cut method; only theories which is a fancy term for "maybes". Still perhaps we should be content with such being a fantasy if only so we won't have to deal with the outcry from the techies going "nuh-uh, that isn't how time works!". Ha. There is a number of spots we could pick apart from Back To The Future the same way people do with the Star Wars prequel trilogy but then you're not enjoying the film for what it is and instead nitpicking everything under the sun like an opinionated critic.

Anyway the one part that confuses me is when old Biff goes back then somehow returns to the future where Doc & Marty are because as explained later when Marty suggests going back to the point in the future when old Biff steals the Delorean with the Almanac in an effort to prevent him from giving the article to his younger self, Doc explains the return is not possible since the timeline they are currently in has already changed therefore trying to travel to that origin of the ripple is impossible unless they could also cross alternate timelines which the future Doc & Marty are from has now become.

Wow, in my head and through speech I feel like I can make better sense of this time business but trying to write it down is simply confusing. Ah who am I kidding, any conversation involving time travel talk and.....

• Like 1