Ideas #004: 21103 - The Delorean Time Machine

Mos_Eisley

There is a lot of comments about how ugly the car looks (I agree, but ....). This has been a huge seller and there are a tone of amazon reviews and most are very positive. I see this set doing really well even though it could have been designed better. Has anyone found this on sale and if so for how much? 

Local Lego store got a "huge" shipment of these in just yesterday, not only that but have them at %20 off! Grabbed a few more :D

They also got a massive amount of RI's, but these seem to be so abundant up here in Canada.

For any Canadians in the GTA this was the Sherway location.

I didn't notice a lot of BTTF at my lego store (wasn't really looking for them either) but they had a half dozen RIs, and 2 shelves full of exosuits. Also both stores had Maersk EEEs, which I hadn't seen before.

It was nice of them to give us one extra run to stock-up. It was showing signs of disappearing in October, so I grabbed several from Amazon.com before the price went back up.

this is a nice set; but from investment perspective i see this one being hoarded by too many. rate of return may be similar to 21102 :) .. no two sets are alike so i might very well be incorrect but my belief will guide me to stay out from this .. at least from going in too deep...

look @ what's going on with 21102 :D ... its sold out right? (very likely gone with the new set of minecraft out there) but its price hasn't moved much and amazon has over 250 sellers :D .......

this is a nice set; but from investment perspective i see this one being hoarded by too many. rate of return may be similar to 21102 :) .. no two sets are alike so i might very well be incorrect but my belief will guide me to stay out from this .. at least from going in too deep...

look @ what's going on with 21102 :D ... its sold out right? (very likely gone with the new set of minecraft out there) but its price hasn't moved much and amazon has over 250 sellers :D .......

I think it will hit $50 - $60 easy.

B&****** still has 21102, so, not quite sold out

21102 was more heavily discounted.

r u sure about that?

delorean was 20% off @ 27.99 for over 6 months @ walmart and amazon.

i don't remember seeing 21102 that low but around 29-34

More recently and sometimes just regional. Several here cleaned up Shopkos at 50% off and Barnes and noble had all minecraft at 26.24 (before coupons and member discount) a few weeks ago (a short unannounced sale).