Ideas #004: 21103 - The Delorean Time Machine

Mos_Eisley

I spoke with a lady at LEGO Shop at Home, and according to her info there was only 4,000 deloreans for sale on the Lego website. The others were sent to Lego stores, Barnes and noboles etc.

no way...Delorean #1 selling set LEGO Shop at Home for now...and still available now.

Exclusive Crawler # 3....same here....back from out of stock.

Just an update. I bought my two BTF sets on the 1st but they sold out as i was making my purchase. got an email saying they were backordered and will not ship until the 22nd. Well good news, mine already shipped. Guess they realized what a loyal customer I am so they expidited the process :-P

Had dinner tonight with my 23 yr old nephew and my niece's 26 yr old boyfriend (both in their so-called "dark ages"). At some point, my Lego investing hobby came up. When I mentioned that the Delorean just came out, they both got super excited. Neither of them are up on Lego news and they had heard nothing about the Delorean prior to me bringing it up. Fast forward to twenty minutes ago, I received a text from my nephew asking if he could have one of my Deloreans and he would pay me back with a set when his set on back order comes in. Basically, he was so excited for the set that he couldn't wait a few weeks to get it!

Just a little anecdote, but the reaction of both boys/men gets me thinking that in the not too distant future we are going to be reading forum posts from newbies explaining that it was the Delorean that brought them out of their dark ages.

The movie is popular - more than people understand. this is why.

Yup. Heck, my home wifi's name has been "hello_mcfly" for 11 years now,

By the way, I saw a parked DeLorean the other day and I only nought of Back to the Future. It was a sad day when that ride closed at Universal Orlando. At least, I still have my t-shirt.

The site is having technical difficulties but everything should work itself out, just give it some time.

It's such a coincidence they have "technical difficulties" where they have specials so don't let you use your VIP or charging shipping.  It seems like they are discouraging people to buy.

It's such a coincidence they have "technical difficulties" where they have specials so don't let you use your VIP or charging shipping.  It seems like they are discouraging people to buy.

I don't think that's he case at all......someone in this thread mentioned that their site may need a bit of an upgrade because it happens when there are specials are going on and too many people are on at once ordering. Doesn't really matter because they always make it right anyways, I don't even call anymore, it still works out.

I called my local Lego stores in Downtown Disney and Costa Mesa to see if they received a shipment like they said they would.  Both gave basically the same reply:

The day the shipment comes in there is a line outside starting about half hour before the store opens.  The Deloreans are all gone before the line is done.  She did say that if i call at 9:30 then they could set one aside for me.  But I said no, that someone goes down there and stands in line, they deserve it over me.  I know I can get it online...so I am not concerned about not getting it...I just want it NOW!

You will find that aside from the exclusives and the occasional deal you can find when they do a BOGO sale, TRU is not really the place to buy LEGO.

Yep. Even with their "Buy one, get one half off" sales, the math can still add up to paying over retail, and here are the Brickshow guys to explain it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj1byQKGYOg

(That thumbnail is just wrong on so many levels. :lol:)

• Like 1

Yep. Even with their "Buy one, get one half off" sales, the math can still add up to paying over retail, and here are the Brickshow guys to explain it!

(That thumbnail is just wrong on so many levels. :lol:)

I've noticed some more stores in my area are using this tactic. A town by me recently had a sidewalk sale where all of the business participated. One M&P shop had all of there LEGO marked as 20% off. Too bad the only sets that were priced at retail were the new LOTR sets. They had some good ones that are nearing retirement but they were all marked up. I like how they have the new sets at retail and the older ones marked above... The owner must be on this site haha.