My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, KShine said:

3 of the 4 that have arrived (so far) are all unsealed (all seals)

Statistically, this simply does not happen.

I call shenanigans on Target!

Correction - I assumed that that 1 was ok (as it didn't initially look crushed), but 4 of 4 were unsealed.

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

looking at some of these examples...looks like Target workers were pulling the shelves up and found sets that had fallen through or kicked beneath...yuck

I suspect that these were previously crushed returns (which explains their warnings regarding packaging).

I only ordered 1 online, couldn’t risk another Target ban for this, and it arrived today in a box the size of a coffee table stuffed with air pillows with seals intact. I think they may have run out of proper size boxes and thus the disclaimer was added to the listing on Monday that they may ship unboxed. 

I guess these are the new UMHC in that every reseller got some cheap. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:23 PM, lodibricks said:

Harry & Hermione arrived. Shipped in a box too small w/o packing, laid diagonally (not diagon alley 😛) and all 4 seals were popped. Glad it's to keep & build.

20211012_201534.thumb.jpg.48d409ca8c4d7130bb181e76af8da773.jpg

My Harry & Hermione came with all 4 seals open as well. I checked the bags today. It looks like there are 2 sets of numbered bags maybe 1 for Harry's Lego parts and 1 for Hermione's Lego parts. I am missing a bag #3 and a bag #4. Must have fallen out at the warehouse?

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, HollyS said:

My Harry & Hermione came with all 4 seals open as well. I checked the bags today. It looks like there are 2 sets of numbered bags maybe 1 for Harry's Lego parts and 1 for Hermione's Lego parts. I am missing a bag #3 and a bag #4. Must have fallen out at the warehouse?

There are only one bag for #3 and 4?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

They are in their original boxes:

6AD75458-3014-486B-8AC3-FA37617756E9.jpeg

Thanks for posting. I see that the outside box had some damage. Obviously not an issue here since the outer box is opened, but (in general) do you consider that amount of damage to be 'acceptable'? I've gotten several sets lately with creases like that and I'm trying to calibrate my expectations. I remember seeing an old article (I think on Brickpicker) concluding box damage didn't affect value that much, but I'm not sure that conclusion still holds.

17 minutes ago, StLBrian said:

I've gotten several sets lately with creases like that and I'm trying to calibrate my expectations.

There's got to be a certain degree of pickiness, but over the top pickiness means you will rarely ever be satisfied with condition and will spend more time returning.

Most buyers on Ebay aren't that concerned about small creases. Just note it in your listing to cover yourself.

10 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

There's got to be a certain degree of pickiness, but over the top pickiness means you will rarely ever be satisfied with condition and will spend more time returning.

Most buyers on Ebay aren't that concerned about small creases. Just note it in your listing to cover yourself.

Thanks for the advice. That's pretty much the rule I follow; especially hearing stories of people getting banned for excess returns. 

3 hours ago, RightDwigt said:

Mine from Shop Disney came like that. Going by the order numbers being the same number of digits as mine, guessing he got it from SD as well.

Thanks.  Mine don't start arriving until tomorrow.  And I'm just one state away from Florida (if that is where they are coming from.)