My order status

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Damnit. I thought you were about to do a Seussian rhyme there.

Where’s that janitor mod? He needs to clean up this thread.

Seuss was not banned, he simply was not.

Fox tells us he was to get us all hot.

What's next? Potato head gender disphoria?

Is there no difference between Eva and Evan Longoria?

• Like 8

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

but Seuss wasnt banned. He was not. That is an intentional misuse of the word to outrage people. 

Can we please stop spreading that false information?

Yes, Seuss' own managing brand people voluntarily opted to rehold any further publishing of the specific books; they claim they do regular reviews and felt the change was needed.

That said...Seuss had some blatantly racist works  published.  I think his worse was when he inked newspaper cartoons that supported fear mongering that led to Japanese Internment.  google "Seuss 5th column" for examples.

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

How many here has read the Bible?...all of it.  It has a solid hold on pretty much most of our everyday...like it or not...well let's see some hands. Are you willfully ignorant for not reading ALL of it...beyond the few lines from Sunday School? 

How about the Koran.  I hear that Confucius guy wrote stuff that impacts billions..DAILY...any takers on his works?

3x.  Twice, the KJV and once the Contemporary version.  I know the Bible better than many Christians and I'm a heathen Atheist.  I also have read about half the Koran.  And all The Book of Mormon.  And I have read Thrawn.  Mess with me and I'll spill the ending!  Might I suggest Spider Robinson's Callahan series next?

I wouldn't go that far.
I can probably make a long list of books many here have never read (never heard of or choose not to care)... and have the same smug attitude...there are tons of books by important figures in history that impacts all of us still today...that many or most choose not to care enough to read.
How many here has read the Bible?...all of it.  It has a solid hold on pretty much most of our everyday...like it or not...well let's see some hands. Are you willfully ignorant for not reading ALL of it...beyond the few lines from Sunday School? 
How about the Koran.  I hear that Confucius guy wrote stuff that impacts billions..DAILY...any takers on his works?
OK, let's stick to "European"...as that's the clear bias here...Socrates anyone?  
 Right now my reading list consist of Timothy Zahn's: SW Thrawn (waiting for digital to go on sale for me to link to my Kindle)...Hitler...is a distant 2nd. Thank-you very much

No one is saying that it is a book that should be read cover to cover I don't believe. I just find it surprising that you had never even heard of Mein Kamph before now. Everyone has at least heard of the bible, the Koran and of Confucius and Socrates. I would say that your comparisons are a bit off. I would compare it to someone saying that they have never even heard of the book Moby **** or Tom Sawyer.
  • Like 1

My Lego Shop at Home order: Discovery, Space coin, and the two GWP space rocket and Easter bunny house finally just left the warehouse. As my GWP stayed in my order this whole time I never needed to call customer service. took a while to ship but there is hope for those( if any ) who still have all GWP in warehouse status.

24 minutes ago, Belac said:

My Lego Shop at Home order: Discovery, Space coin, and the two GWP space rocket and Easter bunny house finally just left the warehouse. As my GWP stayed in my order this whole time I never needed to call customer service. took a while to ship but there is hope for those( if any ) who still have all GWP in warehouse status.

Mine as well.

16 minutes ago, vasp said:

Ordered  2 per limit. Got email order cancelled due to exceeding their purchase limits. Way to go TLG

Technically this should go under order status.  If a MOD can relocate it, that would be appreciated.

Were those the only two you ordered?  Or had you already ordered two and this was another two?  I ask only because I also had an order cancelled for the same reason but had misunderstood LEGO "limits" as being per order when it is actually per household.

50 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Technically this should go under order status.  If a MOD can relocate it, that would be appreciated.

Were those the only two you ordered?  Or had you already ordered two and this was another two?  I ask only because I also had an order cancelled for the same reason but had misunderstood LEGO "limits" as being per order when it is actually per household.

First ever order.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

For anyone that ordered when double VIP points went live and only saw 1x points while checking out, my one order shipped today and the proper amount of points were awarded (2x) without having to talk to CS.

I emailed CS when mine showed 1x points. They replied yesterday saying that 2x points would be credited after shipping. Both of my orders shipped today and 2x points were applied.