My order status

11 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Back in Nov/Dec. I had an order go through only to have an item go out of stock before I clicked buy which dropped the total and removed the GWP or two. I called basically as soon as I found out and waited on hold for maybe a whole hour only to be told there was nothing I could do but return them because it had already gone to the the Warehouse. Of course it arrived three+ weeks later and I never got around to returning it. It's bollocks for sure.

Cool story bro. First world problems 😿
FWIW I’ve only had good experiences when calling LEGO CS.

Edited by Mathew

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I actually never said it wasn't a good experience, it was a delightful conversation actually, just had a poor result because they can't do anything once it goes to 'In Warehouse'
Heaven forbid we share our 'order status' stories in the appropriate thread.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I actually never said it wasn't a good experience, it was a delightful conversation actually, just had a poor result because they can't do anything once it goes to 'In Warehouse'
Heaven forbid we share our 'order status' stories in the appropriate thread.

You had a “delightful” conversation after waiting on hold for an hour and being told that there was nothing they could do for you. BS. 

Edited by Mathew

1 minute ago, Mathew said:

You had a “delightful” conversation after waiting on hold for an hour. BS. 

Why would I get upset with someone who isn't at fault for the problem? I recall that I spent the hour on hold doing chores around the house. You said it yourself that you've only had good experiences with Lego CS. I remember we both had a laugh about how silly it was that I waited all that time and she couldn't help me as it switched to In Warehouse while I was on hold. She told me that the reason for the December shipping delays was problems getting the packages to shipping facilities and the orders were just piling up in semi-trailers.

At any rate, flipped the 'Iconic Chess Set' a few months later for a profit, no harm done. The 'In Warehouse' thing is bollocks, though, especially when they know there will be a shipping delay.

In the present:
Do y'all think there are actually that many additional orders right now to cause this delay? Perhaps GEODIS (their fulfillment partner in Romeoville) is shifting or upgrading the warehouse or something to prep for a big holiday season and that's why orders from the 1st and 2nd of August are just going out. It's actually BECAUSE they use a third-party logistics company in GEODIS that they can't cancel orders once they are In Warehouse. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Do y'all think there are actually that many additional orders right now to cause this delay? Perhaps GEODIS (their fulfillment partner in Romeoville) is shifting or upgrading the warehouse or something to prep for a big holiday season and that's why orders from the 1st and 2nd of August are just going out. It's actually BECAUSE they use a third-party logistics company in GEODIS that they can't cancel orders once they are In Warehouse. 

Probably. Haven’t you heard there’s a labor shortage. Just be happy if you get your package in one piece and in a reasonable time. 🤦

Every industry is feeling it.  Covid, labor shortages, regulations, manipulations to take advantage of the current circumstances.  Delays and prices going through the roof because of it.  I contracted a new patio back in March.  Been waiting for parts and last I heard it will be installed this month.  Have a Jeep that parts were ordered for back in February.  Some parts came in but last I heard they are hopeful for September.  I have another business where I have to keep a storage area to carry extra inventory because we don't know what we will be shorted on week to week.  Need new Toyos but no inventory . . .

I actually never even think to wonder where my Lego is.  When it comes it comes . . .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Every industry is feeling it.  Covid, labor shortages, regulations, manipulations to take advantage of the current circumstances.  Delays and prices going through the roof because of it.  I contracted a new patio back in March.  Been waiting for parts and last I heard it will be installed this month.  Have a Jeep that parts were ordered for back in February.  Some parts came in but last I heard they are hopeful for September.  I have another business where I have to keep a storage area to carry extra inventory because we don't know what we will be shorted on week to week.  Need new Toyos but no inventory . . .

I actually never even think to wonder where my Lego is.  When it comes it comes . . .

I mean fair enough I understand that the pandemic and work shortages have an effect but I was still getting my orders shipped out faster last year than this year. If we only want positive posts regarding orders on this thread then fine I will keep it to that.

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Haha pretty sure everyone on here is dealing exclusively with first world problems but I understand how you could be upset with people coming to complain about order status it can come off as whiny. I just was in the same boat as keymomachine and thought that's what this thread was for. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

I mean fair enough I understand that the pandemic and work shortages have an effect but I was still getting my orders shipped out faster last year than this year. If we only want positive posts regarding orders on this thread then fine I will keep it to that.

Haha pretty sure everyone on here is dealing exclusively with first world problems but I understand how you could be upset with people coming to complain about order status it can come off as whiny. I just was in the same boat as keymomachine and thought that's what this thread was for. 

Not too long ago we were dealing with toilet paper shortages. Imagine when the food and gas shortages happen.

Edited by Mathew

11 hours ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

Haha pretty sure everyone on here is dealing exclusively with first world problems...

Exclusively first world problems?  You need to pick your words a little better.  I have both a daughter and granddaughter being treated for Covid right now.  I'm 60 years old, trying to avoid it, along with other health concerns.  Exclusively first world problems?!?

11 hours ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

No worries.  Wasn't really directing my post at anyone in particular.  This is the place to talk about "order status" 😀

21 hours ago, raindog said:

Exclusively first world problems?  You need to pick your words a little better.  I have both a daughter and granddaughter being treated for Covid right now.  I'm 60 years old, trying to avoid it, along with other health concerns.  Exclusively first world problems?!?

Apologies I didn't mean to undermine any struggles you are experiencing. I consider COVID a global problem and I see your point. Fairly ignorant for me to put it in those terms.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All my ESB and Bugattis arrived from Zavvi. All perfect pretty much except one banged up box. They even split one order of 10 into 2 boxes and proudly emailed me to let me know they did that. My have they learnt.

Entertainment earth sent first of my fossils from the 30% off sale. But they sneakingly added $100 to the order. you guys may wanna double check charges on cc.

• Like 1

Received the Camp Nou set and the GWP sets today. The stadium was doubled boxed, however the freebie we used in lieu of pillow bags sandwiched between the main set and the shipping box. Needless to say it was crushed and I am not happy.  Lego CS will probably fix it, but it is just more about the hassle. 

Received the Camp Nou set and the GWP sets today. The stadium was doubled boxed, however the freebie we used in lieu of pillow bags sandwiched between the main set and the shipping box. Needless to say it was crushed and I am not happy.  Lego CS will probably fix it, but it is just more about the hassle. 

Chatting with CS was the easiest pre Covid. I think phone call is likely the current remedy, but the chat CS may have improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I had an issue with SAH home last year (do t even remember what it was) but I got a lovely British woman on phone working from home. She was great! Resolved my minor problem then then gave me a few options of alternate GWPs. I had all of them already I told her (just being honest). So she said “I’ll surprise you”. Fair enough I told her. Then she surprised me with a free gladiator carriage. I think they accidentally shorted me a GWP hence the call but can’t really remember. I just remember how pleasant the older woman was on the phone. And the British accent was just icing on the cake. All customer service people should have British (or Australian) accents. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

I had an issue with SAH home last year (do t even remember what it was) but I got a lovely British woman on phone working from home. She was great! Resolved my minor problem then then gave me a few options of alternate GWPs. I had all of them already I told her (just being honest). So she said “I’ll surprise you”. Fair enough I told her. Then she surprised me with a free gladiator carriage. I think they accidentally shorted me a GWP hence the call but can’t really remember. I just remember how pleasant the older woman was on the phone. And the British accent was just icing on the cake. All customer service people should have British (or Australian) accents. 

You should have asked her to hold while you looked up the different values on Amazon/Ebay.  I'm sure she would have understood 😄

Anyone noticing an increase in sets arriving damaged shipped/sold new from Amazon?  I would say greater than 75% of my purchases are arriving with minor to major damage.  Most recently received a Lego Jeep with 2" x 5" hole punched in the back of the box and contents spilling out into shipping box.  Really surprised me because there was no damage to shipping box so it was packed this way.  Other than an occasional bubble mailer from them, I've had fairly great success up until recent.  I'm trying to be careful about my returns/exchanges because I believe some people have been dropped for excessive returns?

3 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Anyone noticing an increase in sets arriving damaged shipped/sold new from Amazon?  I would say greater than 75% of my purchases are arriving with minor to major damage.  Most recently received a Lego Jeep with 2" x 5" hole punched in the back of the box and contents spilling out into shipping box.  Really surprised me because there was no damage to shipping box so it was packed this way.  Other than an occasional bubble mailer from them, I've had fairly great success up until recent.  I'm trying to be careful about my returns/exchanges because I believe some people have been dropped for excessive returns?

I had few sets shipped naked recently. And yes , excessive returns have lead to issues 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I had few sets shipped naked recently. And yes , excessive returns have lead to issues 

It seems that I return a lot of sets.  If they are damaged, I return.  However, I order a bunch from Amazon just to make myself valuable.  I order cases of paper towels and toilet paper from them.  Who cares if they get dinged?  Also, things like water enhancements and vitamins.  Anything that can be ordered that is as cheap or cheaper than local, I order.  That keeps my returns percentage pretty low.  If you are going to pay for Prime (or Business Prime) you might as well use it.  Between Amazon and WalMart Plus, I hardly ever go in a store anymore, even for groceries.  I would have never done this 10 years ago but, as you get older (I'm 60) you learn to enjoy the convenience of not having to go to a store and fight with the other shoppers for space.  Just my $.02.  YMMV.

8 hours ago, raindog said:

Also, things like water enhancements and vitamins. 

I am weary of ordering anything where quality is key like vitamins or supplements...these things can be dumpster dived and easily fraud/faked without buyer knowing.  The dumpster dived versions can end up on the same Amazon shelf as the new from manufacturer...too risky for me

43 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I am weary of ordering anything where quality is key like vitamins or supplements...these things can be dumpster dived and easily fraud/faked without buyer knowing.  The dumpster dived versions can end up on the same Amazon shelf as the new from manufacturer...too risky for me

I find little reason to think that they may be dumpster-dived as most products that end in the dumpster are there related to their expiration dates.  Amazon is super-strict about expiration dates.  Besides, as long as both the cellophane seal and the paper seal are intact, I don't worry.    Finally, I buy a probiotic vitamin that is rightly expensive and is not usually stocked in the big box stores where a lot of diving happens.

Just curious, where do you buy your vitamins?  I can't imagine that the company Garden Of Life, that sells directly on Amazon, would ever send bad goods to be sold under their name but yet send the good stuff to GNC or CVS.

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Multivitamin-Men-Supplement/dp/B00323XJ8W

Edited by raindog

1 hour ago, raindog said:

I find little reason to think that they may be dumpster-dived as most products that end in the dumpster are there related to their expiration dates.  Amazon is super-strict about expiration dates.  Besides, as long as both the cellophane seal and the paper seal are intact, I don't worry.    Finally, I buy a probiotic vitamin that is rightly expensive and is not usually stocked in the big box stores where a lot of diving happens.

Just curious, where do you buy your vitamins?  I can't imagine that the company Garden Of Life, that sells directly on Amazon, would ever send bad goods to be sold under their name but yet send the good stuff to GNC or CVS.

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Multivitamin-Men-Supplement/dp/B00323XJ8W

I don't buy vitamins...my inlaws get theirs at Costco...but mainly any personal care products from vitamins to make-up...it's mostly fluff stuff anyways....but getting fake fluff stuff and worse...dangerous fakes is a risk we don't take on Amazon...definitely a bit of paranoia...but nowadays a little bit of paranoia is healthy IMO.