My order status

55 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Get used to this honestly.  The only time you can guarantee a clean box is when you pick it off the shelf yourself.  I had a $150 set the other day come in a perfect shipping box, but the actual Lego box looked like a forklift nailed it.  I will just suck it up, verify contents inside, then either part it out or sell as an open box or list it as damaged.  This is part of reselling stock that has passed through many hands before it ultimately gets to us.  I haven't personally returned a set to a store in 3-4 years.  Not worth my time or bringing any attention to my accounts.  

Like in another post, someone thought about returning 16 of the same Lego Set.  Ya, good luck having that conversation with the store manager if he is around. Too much unnecessary risk.

The only thing I've found that guarantees a mint set ordering online is Amazon Frustration Free.

I guess between all the cash back, kohls cash, and discounts, I'm still in a good spot if I can sell them at even retail price a year from now.

You're right, not worth the risk of getting these swapped out.

If they were annihilated and all smashed open, then I would probably try.

37 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I have gotten mixed result with Kohls. The first $15Kcash from two weeks ago most of the orders came in a baggy but only like 3 of the sets got semi crushed.

This past week I just received my chunk of UFO sets and they came in a nice protected cardboard box. 

I ordered UFO sets with my kohls cash, half were bagged, half boxed.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cladner said:

one upshot of selling damaged sets is you just dgaf about making sure its well packed.

Oh yeah and instead of gently placing it into the box, you can Jordan it from across the room.  (or you young folk can yell Kobe, but you don't miss when you yell Jordan)

3 minutes ago, Brad W said:

Anybody trying to spend $150 on Lego for the skating rink and it not showing up in the cart?

$150 on what? Educational Lego... no thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got my shipping notice of my second set of five Harley's (ordered 5 on the 29th -- shipped on the 30th, and another 5 on the 30th -- shipped today).  So, doesn't seem to be a problem with multiple orders.

Still available at 35% off, which is pretty incredible considering they hit the SD front page for about 20 hours ago.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/shop/LEGO-Creator-Expert-Harley-Davidson-Fat-Boy-Building-Set/p/98718-20VX

I don't think you need to worry about being banned -- I imagine they don't want Rooster and Tank "letting go of their frustrations" when they learn they couldn't buy enough to cover their gang brothers for Christmas.

Ordered

• x5 Bat / Pumpkins
  • x5 40th trains
  • x1 space poly

.....Hit $150 but didn't get the Ice Skating Rink promo until AFTER my email showed up.

THEN I got another email saying my x5 Bat/Pumpkins & x5 trains are out of stock...

sooooo does that mean they will ship only the polybag and the ice skating rink? Cause if so, SWEEEEET!

29 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Ordered

• x5 Bat / Pumpkins
  • x5 40th trains
  • x1 space poly

.....Hit $150 but didn't get the Ice Skating Rink promo until AFTER my email showed up.

THEN I got another email saying my x5 Bat/Pumpkins & x5 trains are out of stock...

sooooo does that mean they will ship only the polybag and the ice skating rink? Cause if so, SWEEEEET!

It isn't showing up in my cart with it, but then I add something expensive and it adds. Not sure why it doesn't like the little items.

3 hours ago, Brad W said:

Anybody trying to spend $150 on Lego for the skating rink and it not showing up in the cart?

15 minutes ago, spener90 said:

It isn't showing up in my cart with it, but then I add something expensive and it adds. Not sure why it doesn't like the little items.

49 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

<snip>

<snip>

I can confirm that:

- Ordering trains does not trigger the promo (with additional items to take you over $150)

- The promo does show up in order status (I see 2 "SKU: xxxxx" lines, one of which I assume is the ISR, the other is the worthless gift wrap) as soon as the order is in the system.

Item Name Ship Date Status Price Qty Total

SKU: 6301717
  In Process 0 1 0

SKU: 6361472
  In Process 0 1 0
40370 LEGO® Trains 40th Anniversary Set   Backordered 19.99 4 79.96
80104 Lion Dance   In Process 79.99 1 79.99
Edited by Phil B

9 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

Got in an order for Winter Village Fire Station but it now says "Waiting for new stock" and not "Backordered". Expecting a cancellation.

Wouldn’t lose hope yet. Had a similar issue with the Bespin set a couple of weeks ago and they ultimately shipped them. 

My Fire Station order says the same right now.

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

tried a small lego order from two weeks ago's banned target account, just shipped. Ho ho ho 

I tried an order for shipping on Nov 24th after being banned on Jun 17th.  Still got insta-cancelled.

They might have levels of suspension.  I'm guessing I'm at the "F-off, reseller scum" level -- about $20k in LEGOs over a 60-day period.

So you're telling me, there's a chance!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBrickClique said:

I tried an order for shipping on Nov 24th after being banned on Jun 17th.  Still got insta-cancelled.

They might have levels of suspension.  I'm guessing I'm at the "F-off, reseller scum" level -- about $20k in LEGOs over a 60-day period.

So you're telling me, there's a chance!!!

lol.. thats a classic right there. I will try another order in the next few days just to be sure it wasn't a fluke 

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

What would happen if i clicked place order? I was under the impression that Amazon doesnt allow more then the drop down on the product page which is 30 in this case. But I adjusted in cart and it allows me to go through to the checkout page. 

I'm guessing you would then get an email asking you to update your payment method due to a problem with it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5