My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

All my Lego purchases are now cancelled at Target "Purchase limit exceeded" :( 

I tried changing my address a little and tried one more order, hopefully it works.

I assume that you mean all *new* orders that you're placing are being canceled? Or, did they retroactively go back and cancel orders from previous days?

33 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

All my Lego purchases are now cancelled at Target "Purchase limit exceeded" :( 

I tried changing my address a little and tried one more order, hopefully it works.

1.  do not order using phone app.

2.  order using chrome on a desktop, incognito mode.

3.  order a set for instore pickup. see if it goes through.  pick it up.

4.   then place a combo order for instore pickup and also an item to be shipped to you.  once that goes through you should be back up and running.  continue ordering what you want to be shipped to you and some other instore crap you may or may not have any intention of picking up.

this sounds like bs - i know.  this is what has worked for me.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, scatttcat said:

I wanted those pods too lol, you must’ve beat me to em while I dealing with Ps5

I had a x10 pod order that got cancelled this morning

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Second book of monsters order shipped :)

I was only able to get 2 orders thru.  The 2nd one got cancelled this morning based on "payment verification".

:lights please:

This is going to come off as more snarky than I mean it to, but another good way to get around bans is to not get banned in the first place.
A place explicitly against resellers like Target, you're playing with fire by placing tons of orders.

It's generally a good idea to try to avoid drawing attention to yourself (and other resellers) to avoid changes in policies and such that make things harder for everyone. I mean, it's great people can get around bans and whatnot, and get free Promos by exploiting loopholes with backordered items, etc - But when people start actively LOOKING to exploit these things (SAH Promos, Kohl's Cash freebies, etc) - Eventually they are going to catch on and make changes, usually for the worse for all involved.

Target not all that long ago was reseller friendly, as an example. The same could be said for other places that have tightened up like B&N. They didn't make these changes for no good reason.

Just try to follow the stated policies and use a moderate amount of self restraint and it will be good for you, and for others in the same boat. And then you don't have to worry about getting around bans. 

:gets off soap box:

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Achilles said:

This is going to come off as more snarky than I mean it to, but another good way to get around bans is to not get banned in the first place.
A place explicitly against resellers like Target, you're playing with fire by placing tons of orders.

It's generally a good idea to try to avoid drawing attention to yourself (and other resellers) to avoid changes in policies and such that make things harder for everyone. I mean, it's great people can get around bans and whatnot, and get free Promos by exploiting loopholes with backordered items, etc - But when people start actively LOOKING to exploit these things (SAH Promos, Kohl's Cash freebies, etc) - Eventually they are going to catch on and make changes, usually for the worse for all involved.

Target not all that long ago was reseller friendly, as an example. The same could be said for other places that have tightened up like B&N. They didn't make these changes for no good reason.

Just try to follow the stated policies and use a moderate amount of self restraint and it will be good for you, and for others in the same boat. And then you don't have to worry about getting around bans. 

I am weak .. i see a sale and it is game over :(

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, landphieran said:

...I don't have box walls showing up at my home throughout the holidays.

I may be getting the stink eye tonight because of this. I have had arrival notices today from orders through Walmart, Target, Amazon, and SAH. Anyone want to buy something from me so I can arrive home and say, "Sure, this may be $1500 worth of LEGO that blocked our porch, but I sold a $50 set today!"

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Achilles said:

That sounds like a great way to not make a lot of money.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BillyBricks said:

I may be getting the stink eye tonight because of this. I have had arrival notices today from orders through Walmart, Target, Amazon, and SAH. Anyone want to buy something from me so I can arrive home and say, "Sure, this may be $1500 worth of LEGO that blocked our porch, but I sold a $50 set today!"

Nothing says Thanksgiving like daddy looking contrite and Mommy giving him the cold shoulder...sadly this is a thing in our household 

can you imagine what the Pilgrims would say..."some day this meal will be recognized as the biggest shopping day of the year and dinner tables will be eerily silent all across the land because walls of LEGO box deliveries will decorate neighborhood porches"

47 minutes ago, Achilles said:

trying to be objective...this type of thinking is similar to how other countries see nations like the US pushing environmental laws on smaller countries trying to catch up industrially.  Western countries got rich polluting freely and now that they have "theirs"...punishing the late comers with some sort of moral high ground.

the only ones that can make this kind of assertion are resellers that NEVER took advantage of no limits...otherwise it can be viewed as  hypocrisy

yes..I know environmental pollution hurts everyone..just like limits...but some things don't need to be said/typed 

1 hour ago, redcell said:

That sounds like a great way to not make a lot of money.

I, and I know lots of others, do just fine this way. Of course, everyone has their own methods. I have no idea what kind of volume you do, I do a pretty decent volume and have never run out of things to buy and sell and turn profits consistently for several years. There are always more deals than I have available capital/time for, that I can say.

53 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

trying to be objective...this type of thinking is similar to how other countries see nations like the US pushing environmental laws on smaller countries trying to catch up industrially.  Western countries got rich polluting freely and now that they have "theirs"...punishing the late comers with some sort of moral high ground.

the only ones that can make this kind of assertion are resellers that NEVER took advantage of no limits...otherwise it can be viewed as  hypocrisy

yes..I know environmental pollution hurts everyone..just like limits...but some things don't need to be said/typed 

Obviously I am not going to change anyone's mind who has an "ends justify the means" mentality. People are going to do what they want to do. I would encourage people to think of the long game from time to time. And yes, I understand what you're saying. But we're not exactly talking about global politics and economies on this forum. There are lots of examples of industries that felt the gravy train would keep rolling forever, but then it stopped. There are also lots of industries that have coalitions of cooperation/non competition to allow them to spread out the gains. (Oil, Telecom, etc).

Resellers are in somewhat direct competition with eachother, but they are also all on the same team. By and large, what's good for one reseller should probably be good for all, and the inverse is true as well. That's kind of the reason a forum like this exists at all, is it not? We share deals, help eachother. We hope to eliminate existing inventory of retiring sets together. So it's not like we don't work together for a common cause here, we do.  My point being, if it's ok to tell people how to get around bans, why does it ruffle feathers to suggest, god forbid, one not get banned in the first place?

People change their minds, or maybe haven't thought about ways in certain ways, or because certain things AREN'T talked about, assume certain actions are normal/ok.

That being said, in this particular case, it's slightly different in that let's say, people are getting banned, and folks are giving advice about how to get around bans. A little advice on how to avoid getting banned in the first place seems like it should be mentioned as well. If a third world country was complaining that their rivers were on fire while trying to catch up ecomically, and someone told them maybe they should stop dumping toxic chemicals into their rivers, I don't think it would be viewed as hypocrisy.

Someday we'll probably look back and say, "You know, maybe we shouldn't have burned down the entire Amazon basin."

My overall point being, it doesn't hurt to look at the long game from time to time. And to encourage folks to do so. Especially in this day and age, if one thing has become apparent, lots of things that "didn't need to be said" - Seem to need to be said more than ever. But this is getting way off topic here. If folks want to debate anything further, feel free to PM me.

And If I am coming off as being on a high horse, I don't mind that. I'd rather be on a high horse than no horse at all. And I am sincerely trying to help folks, I am not just trying to preach.

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I, and I know lots of others, do just fine this way. Of course, everyone has their own methods. I have no idea what kind of volume you do, I do a pretty decent volume and have never run out of things to buy and sell and turn profits consistently for several years. There are always more deals than I have available capital/time for, that I can say.

I'm curious...what policies do you follow and how do you determine what they are?  The clearest examples are places like Barnes and Noble that will sell to resellers, but impose hard quantity limits.  That's pretty clear...they will sell to you up to a point and then stop.  However, what about places like Target that simply reserve the right to refuse to sell to resellers and freely allow customers to place multiple sequential orders.  What do you follow there? 

• Like 1

@Achilles I understand your sentiment, however what i don't agree with is places like Target and Walmarts "reseller policies". If Target and Walmart didn't want resellers they would put in actual stock/order limitations over night. This is a very easy programmatic check. Amazon has enforced this for years. Walmart even tried it, then backed it out.

Target only wants resellers when it best fits them, unfortunately the way they handle that policy is terrible and ham-fisted. They have this nebulous fraud detection/cancellation policy. The fact you don't know if you are going to get banned or if your orders are going to go through, is A BAD POLICY and a BAD website/user experience.

They need to establish a policy and enforce it through the website. They want their resellers, just not certain ones and only at certain times with some quantities but not too many quantities. This screams to me that they have terrible technology and sales leaders making poor decisions.

Edited by landphieran
  • Like 4