My order status

8 minutes ago, raindog said:

As a retired employee of Harley-Davidson (16+ years) I will reassure you that the posted url is indeed H-D's website.  Harley-Davidson is a huge company.  Where did you call?  Which department?
aaa.thumb.jpg.f04e0922991913f41f7a656f45a53acb.jpg

Oh sorry I meant the issue wasn't with my card but on Harley's end, I called the online orders department and they told me the payment was successfully processed and then reversed, but couldn't help identify the issue or how to fix it

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Placed an order through SAH for two Lion Dances after purchasing one on October 19th and one on January 13th. Limit is 3, but I hoped for a reset at some point in the last 11 months. No dice. Cancelled very quickly. 

did the limit ever change?  According to the LEGO rep I spoke to on CS, individual caps only change when the limits themselves change so the cap could be enforced for the life of a set possibly

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

did the limit ever change?  According to the LEGO rep I spoke to on CS, individual caps only change when the limits themselves change so the cap could be enforced for the life of a set possibly

I don't think this is completely accurate.

I've ordered after a limit change and still gotten orders canceled.  I think elapsed time since last transaction is also being factored in. 

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

did the limit go up or down..the implicit message is that the limit needs to go up

sorry, limit needing to go up wasn't obvious to me.  
that is kind of obvious too since the new higher limit would be less than the previous lower limit, so you can order  more until you hit that higher limit.  

I guess I was commenting more about how caps get reset, and whether they are tied to the limit changes at all.

I started keeping a spreadsheet for S&H in July and still keep getting cancelled orders.  It's a pain since I can't remember every set I've ever bought.  There have been some resets (with Brickheadz for sure) because I have previously had cancelled orders, but it's a guessing game on a lot of sets.  It takes 30 minutes to place an order trying to figure out what I can buy and get to $150.  Six to 12 different items sometimes with one of them being a landmine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ichiroll said:

sorry, limit needing to go up wasn't obvious to me.  
that is kind of obvious too since the new higher limit would be less than the previous lower limit, so you can order  more until you hit that higher limit.  

I guess I was commenting more about how caps get reset, and whether they are tied to the limit changes at all.

Not sure how it resets, and it may change with different sets. I know I had purchased multiple Quidditch matches early in their life through Shop at Home when I think the limit was 5. This year, the limit decreased to 3 and I had purchased more during that time, and the order went through. Of course, now that it went to 40% off, I wish that order was cancelled, but that's beside the point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

Not sure how it resets, and it may change with different sets. I know I had purchased multiple Quidditch matches early in their life through Shop at Home when I think the limit was 5. This year, the limit decreased to 3 and I had purchased more during that time, and the order went through. Of course, now that it went to 40% off, I wish that order was cancelled, but that's beside the point. 

OT, but why did you want the Quidditch set? It's a remake so not even unique

17 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OT, but why did you want the Quidditch set? It's a remake so not even unique

When it originally appeared on SAH upon release? I knew it was Target exclusive and figured there might be some money to be made there upon release (I was incorrect) and I used two as gifts. I also believe I connected it to a GWP at the time.

6 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

I spent $300 on lego at my store, got 2 Christmas Carol, 2 Ice Skating Rink, several Christmas Tree Poly's and the Gift Wrap package plus items on sale

:)

Wow, that's an awesome score!  No stores around me have been doing anything of the sort this year.  Super strict and I've been in 4 digit purchases.

23 minutes ago, zads said:

I'm starting to lean in the direction, I guess I'll ask if they can be replaced, but it looks like they are out of them.

Get used to this honestly.  The only time you can guarantee a clean box is when you pick it off the shelf yourself.  I had a $150 set the other day come in a perfect shipping box, but the actual Lego box looked like a forklift nailed it.  I will just suck it up, verify contents inside, then either part it out or sell as an open box or list it as damaged.  This is part of reselling stock that has passed through many hands before it ultimately gets to us.  I haven't personally returned a set to a store in 3-4 years.  Not worth my time or bringing any attention to my accounts.  

Like in another post, someone thought about returning 16 of the same Lego Set.  Ya, good luck having that conversation with the store manager if he is around. Too much unnecessary risk.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zads said:

They all have similar levels of damage, I guess I should return them, not sure how much damage on the box matters on a small child set?

They are retiring...

20201201_154645.jpg

Some sellers stress over this a lot. A minority of buyers do as well. 

Somewhat related factoid: A LEGO thief was caught because he just couldn't tolerate damaged boxes that his crime ring lifted from various stores. He had to purchase mint condition copies and then return the stolen damaged copies. Eventually, this pattern caught up to him.

Now, you're not a criminal, but my point is stressing about box condition can be tiresome and is it really worth it?

1 hour ago, zads said:

I ordered ~20 olafs during Kohl's sale.

They shipped them in a bag and of course are completely crushed.

this is par for the course shopping at Kohl's.  it's why i never order from them despite all the great deals.  same with best buy.  too many bagged blue helicopters.    more than 50% of what they send is unsellable to my picky amazon buyers last year so i gave up on them as a source of stock.  i ordered 100x Princess Leia bhz a couple of years ago from kohls thinking instore pickup would be the way to mint boxes - nope - just shipped the boxes in a giant see through clear bag also making sure each box has an annoying sticker on it.   i wish i could have gotten a picture of my face when the clerk comes around the corner with a c-through thinner than paper giant sack o' leia.  mix of sadness, unbridled anger and resignation all at once.  others seem to have  better luck at kohls and best buy but not me .  not much you can do other than return and possibly have your account flagged or eat it.   u might be surprised how well this set does later on and one upshot of selling damaged sets is you just dgaf about making sure its well packed.