My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thelovemachine said:

How do you know you are banned?  They won't let you buy anything with your red card etc?  

All of my online orders get cancelled, usually within twenty minutes of placing them. Not just for Lego either. Store pick up orders also get cancelled. Card still works fine in store. I was fine until I called customer service once to question an order. They shorted me a set in one of my orders. While on the phone I could tell they were looking at my order history because they commented on how much Lego I buy. Every order after that has been cancelled. When I call to ask why they never come right out and tell me the real reason.

My wife's account is registered under the same address, so I'm not sure exactly what criteria they ban on, but I don't want them digging. When they run their $10 gift card with $50 purchase sale I'll place 40-60 separate $50 orders over the course of a couple weeks to rack up gift cards and so far there is no issue. I don't think they look unless you give them a reason to. 

Similar to LEGO ban as they block all online orders but allow you to use your account in store.  I guess I'll lay low a bit and then place a nonLEGO order and see what happens.  It seems from what I've gathered from people banned from Target that these hard bans don't get turned over....  I won't call because it seems to never do anything.

27 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Just order something.  Last time I questioned it I ordered a video game.  Order went through and I still have that game to this day.  I forgot to return it . . .

Or that's what you say when people ask you why you have Hello Kitty Island Adventure...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Or that's what you say when people ask you why you have Hello Kitty Island Adventure...

I love that game!!!

Add me to the invite list for Target's exclusive Hammer Time club.

New orders started getting insta-cancellations yesterday morning.  Noticed it when I went to order a board game and it was cancelled.  Tried again with a non-red-card and cancelled.  I haven't contacted CS recently so they must have scripted it.

I spent about $19K in the past 60 days.  I spent about $4K last December but that wasn't enough to trigger a ban I suppose.  About 120 transaction in 2019, 160 this year -- most in the past two months.

16 hours ago, Kekskrabbe said:

If you have the patience to keep them for several years, I'd toss a few people packs in your City mix. You can usually get them for a 30-50% discount in Europe, and they appreciate nicely over time.

I try to strike a balance between holding time and profit as space is a major constraint for me. Swiss rrp is high compared to the neighboring countries and people are fairly willing to pay for retired sets. Having said that I'm fairly new to selling (~8 mths) and am still trying to devise an optimal strategy. Right now there is also little incentive for me to sell sets within europe as I'm not sure the additional forms are worth the time. The postal system here is so straightforward I don't even weigh most of the sets and know the cost.

4 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

I love that game!!!

Add me to the invite list for Target's exclusive Hammer Time club.

New orders started getting insta-cancellations yesterday morning.  Noticed it when I went to order a board game and it was cancelled.  Tried again with a non-red-card and cancelled.  I haven't contacted CS recently so they must have scripted it.

I spent about $19K in the past 60 days.  I spent about $4K last December but that wasn't enough to trigger a ban I suppose.  About 120 transaction in 2019, 160 this year -- most in the past two months.

I'm from across the pond, does target set buying limits? Pre covid, the eu amazons usually have no limits but recently it's 2 or sometimes even 1 per set. I haven't tried to circumvent the buying limits after reading about amazon's buying bans. Sometimes when it just comes into stock the buying limits are lifted temporarily.

Edited by coelian

9 hours ago, coelian said:

I'm from across the pond, does target set buying limits? Pre covid, the eu amazons usually have no limits but recently it's 2 or sometimes even 1 per set. I haven't tried to circumvent the buying limits after reading about amazon's buying bans. Sometimes when it just comes into stock the buying limits are lifted temporarily.

Amazon has 168-hour hard buying limits.  But as of late (last month), they don't seem to be enabled for most sets -- you can buy as many as you want.

Target and Walmart usually have per-order limits, but no hard limits on multiple orders.  I haven't found a policy that states what the order limits are or enforcement windows.

1 minute ago, TheBrickClique said:

Amazon has 168-hour hard buying limits.  But as of late (last month), they don't seem to be enabled for most sets -- you can buy as many as you want.

Target and Walmart usually have per-order limits, but no hard limits on multiple orders.  I haven't found a policy that states what the order limits are or enforcement windows.

Target has unwritten Ban Hammer...

• Like 1

Just now, thelovemachine said:

Target has unwritten Ban Hammer...

Yep -- discovered this first-hand a few days ago.  Catch-all for "not supplying to resellers" or something like that.

Which makes me wonder.  Anyone who has every tried to become a seller of products these days will find that going through standard distributors is usually more expensive that going through Amazon, Target, and Walmart.  The little guy just doesn't have the buying power.  If these companies start taking a hard stance that they won't sell to resellers, then I expect they will be opening themselves up to some anti-competitive lawsuits.  Amazon has their business accounts, but I don't think Target or Walmart has anything similar.  Of course, they'll just say we are always welcome to come to their store, but they don't carry every big set in store.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Yep -- discovered this first-hand a few days ago.  Catch-all for "not supplying to resellers" or something like that.

Which makes me wonder.  Anyone who has every tried to become a seller of products these days will find that going through standard distributors is usually more expensive that going through Amazon, Target, and Walmart.  The little guy just doesn't have the buying power.  If these companies start taking a hard stance that they won't sell to resellers, then I expect they will be opening themselves up to some anti-competitive lawsuits.  Amazon has their business accounts, but I don't think Target or Walmart has anything similar.  Of course, they'll just say we are always welcome to come to their store, but they don't carry every big set in store.

If I remember correctly, I think Target also frowns upon resellers buying for resale in store as well. I think they have a policy stating that they can refuse sale if they suspect you are reselling. That's why when I go in store to load up on some sets I try to go later in the afternoon or night when the young part timers who don't care are working, and always use the self checkout if possible. Make multiple  trips to keep each order reasonable as well, instead of pushing two carts overflowing with Lego to the front. That's only going to draw attention to yourself. Keeping a low profile is key.

Edited by terrymc4677

18 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

If I remember correctly, I think Target also frowns upon resellers buying for resale in store as well. I think they have a policy stating that they can refuse sale if they suspect you are reselling. That's why when I go in store to load up on some sets I try to go later in the afternoon or night when the young part timers who don't care are working, and always use the self checkout if possible. Make multiple  trips to keep each order reasonable as well, instead of pushing two carts overflowing with Lego to the front. That's only going to draw attention to yourself. Keeping a low profile is key.

This happened about 5 years ago. You used to be able to buy in store at Target as a tax exempt reseller, etc - Then the Lilly Pullitzer thing happened, and they reversed course.

"LIMITATIONS ON QUANTITY
Target does not offer additional discounts on large orders of a single item or on large orders of many individual items. In addition, we reserve the right to limit quantities on orders placed by the same account, on orders placed by the same credit card, and on orders that use the same billing or shipping address. We will notify you if such limits are applied. Target reserves the right to prohibit purchases of any merchandise to resellers. Resellers are defined as a company or an individual that purchases goods with the intention of selling them rather than using them."

Personally I try to keep a low profile wherever I am shopping. I don't bring up multiple carts of stuff. If I go for a 2nd wave, I go to a different cashier, or use self checkout, etc. I like to avoid attention not just from stores,  but from other customers as well. Why inspire or motivate people. "Are those on sale?!"

I also don't make this 10k online orders like some of you guys do. ;)

Other than Target, the only store I've ever had an issue with was K-mart. But that um, has become less of a concern as the years have rolled by, :chuckle:.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 6:39 PM, TheBrickClique said:

Most of my stuff comes from amazon and there are limits which resets weekly. The local retailers do not discount more than 30% and its not a big enough margin for me to work with. Recently there was a price mistake with some sets going close to 50% off with no hard limits. Happily loaded up on some mack anthems and bugattis. 

On 6/19/2020 at 9:18 AM, coelian said:

Amazon EU had limitations on their sets much earlier than COVID times. I remember limitations in all of my purchases in 2019 which took place all over Europe.

3 hours ago, Kekskrabbe said:

Amazon EU had limitations on their sets much earlier than COVID times. I remember limitations in all of my purchases in 2019 which took place all over Europe.

It used to be like 6 or more resets in a week. Recently its been 2 or sometimes even 1. Its forces me to diversify a little more but at the same time hard to load up on some sets I want. 

2 hours ago, coelian said:

It used to be like 6 or more resets in a week. Recently its been 2 or sometimes even 1. Its forces me to diversify a little more but at the same time hard to load up on some sets I want. 

Ah, that's interesting - so you mean a set limited to 1-3 units per order could be acquired again at a later point within the same week? Never noticed that before!