My order status

12 minutes ago, Kekskrabbe said:

Ah, that's interesting - so you mean a set limited to 1-3 units per order could be acquired again at a later point within the same week? Never noticed that before!

The buy limits resets in 7 days exactly. However I noticed with big price changes sometimes it may just reset randomly. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/19/2020 at 3:18 AM, coelian said:

I'm from across the pond, does target set buying limits? Pre covid, the eu amazons usually have no limits but recently it's 2 or sometimes even 1 per set. I haven't tried to circumvent the buying limits after reading about amazon's buying bans. Sometimes when it just comes into stock the buying limits are lifted temporarily.

Lately, Target has had limits of 2-3 / item / order.  Only way to get more is place more orders.  

Amazon's limit system is definitely a bit funky and I think they are actively working on it and that's why were aren't seeing much consistency.

Definitely pre-covid19, the system was on a 168-hour (7 day) timer.  If there was a limit, that timer was rarely reset.  You could order up to the limit in that window and it would remember how many and at what times you contributed towards that limit.  So, if you bought an item that had a 2-item limit on day 1, then another on day 4, you couldn't buy another until day 8 and you would only be able to buy 1.  You could buy another on day 11.

But there was some items that I noticed that would have some deep discounts that would still have a limit and then they'd go out of stock -- these were clearance-type items.  I'd buy the limit and then they'd go out of stock in a day and re-appear again in 5 days and let you buy the limit again.

But clearly just because an item goes out of stock, doesn't mean it resets -- toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc... are keeping their 168-hour limits in place through continuous out-of-stocks.

But most LEGO items seem to have fallen off the limit system.  I say most because I know there are still some that have the usual 3-item limit for LEGO.  Minecraft Panda Nursery is an example of one that has had the limits back in May and continues to have a limit of 3.  Looking back on my purchases, most sets still had a limit on May 17th, but sometime in the week that followed, they mostly went away.

Maybe somebody at Amazon said, "hey! we've got this restickered sets coming in next week so we should have boatloads of sets to sell.  We don't need to keep the covid-19 limits in place anymore."  Not realizing that the limits had been there long before covid-19.

3 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Lately, Target has had limits of 2-3 / item / order.  Only way to get more is place more orders.  

I just got a rather sternly worded letter from Target letting me know that they now consider me a reseller and cancelled a whole bunch of my orders. Randomly too, not all the same sets.  Weird.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hardwired said:

I just got a rather sternly worded letter from Target letting me know that they now consider me a reseller and cancelled a whole bunch of my orders. Randomly too, not all the same sets.  Weird.

I'm curious what metrics they use to come up with that. I've spent prob 5k a month recently buying lego. 

1 hour ago, thelovemachine said:

What did the letter say exactly?  A scan to show us?

Your order # XXXXXXX has been cancelled for the following reason(s):

Activity not supported on Target.com

Our system flagged the order due to activity not allowed on the site.

When i called in I got more than an earful about how resellers are bad.  Which si kinda funny because I wasn't aware that Target made LEGO themselves and had skipped the whole reselling part of the cycle.  Oh well, no love lost.

40 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

i heard to not call... around what sum.. triggered yer ban?  im trying to get an idea as the target ban seems to be much more common now... it's the most common ban right now...

You don't want to join us cool kids at the ban table?  Come to the dark side ... we have cookies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, joch29 said:

got my great halls from lego.. no stickers.23R0 and in perfect condition. 👏

Received 3 Great Halls from LEGO Shop at Home today. One was 19S0 and had stickers, one was 21S0 and did not have stickers, and one was 22R0 with of course no stickers. The 21S0 was interesting to me. Has anyone received a S0 set with no stickers? I'm thinking that one is going to be the real collectors item. I have it boxed up now to send to the grading company 😁

58 minutes ago, Hardwired said:

Your order # XXXXXXX has been cancelled for the following reason(s):

When i called in I got more than an earful about how resellers are bad.  Which si kinda funny because I wasn't aware that Target made LEGO themselves and had skipped the whole reselling part of the cycle.  Oh well, no love lost.

was scraping involved?

6 minutes ago, scurt1s said:

was scraping involved?

I have interactive bots, so I guess it depends on what you mean by scraping. Not trying to split hairs.  But the bots that I run are indistinguishable from normal users and I would have to go back to check but I don't run them ever on Target.  I think honestly it would have to have been my quantities but it was never more than 2 of any item at a time and never more than 2 of any items in a transaction.  Never more than 4 of any item over all.  And these weren't super high end sets either.  I'm baffled.

Interesting that they specifically told you why.

All of my ban cancellations have been generic.  I've noticed that they cancelled two older orders yesterday for "payment issue" and invited me to re-order!  They were on the red card with plenty of balance left.  I still have other orders outstanding so they may be cancelling those at they come in stock -- I can see RC charges though as recent as Friday, but none since yesterday.

Hi TheBrickClique,

We wanted to let you know that order #XXXXXXXXXXXXX was canceled. We're sorry for the inconvenience. You haven't been charged for any items.

What went wrong?

down arrow

It’s possible our system automatically canceled for one of the following reasons:

Purchase limit exceeded

To ensure as many families as possible can buy essentials, we’ve applied temporary purchase limits to key items. Read more about Target’s coronavirus response.

Payment issue

Our system was unable to verify the payment method used was secure.

I got in on that 70% off sale on Frozen sets at Justice yesterday.  I have several shipment notifications already.

The bad thing is, I told my wife about the 60% off already marked down clearance sale, so she proceeded to spend over $200 on outfits for my daughter last night.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I got in on that 70% off sale on Frozen sets at Justice yesterday.  I have several shipment notifications already.

The bad thing is, I told my wife about the 60% off already marked down clearance sale, so she proceeded to spend over $200 on outfits for my daughter last night.

The only thing more numerous than LEGO sets in my basement are boxes of old kids clothes. I told her if things get tight we could open up an orphanage. Although we might have kids leaving their parents instead of the other way around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Bugatti from one of the Hut Group arrived by DHL..it was the $279 promo last week. LEGO outerbox, all good. I would check it closer but the box is in quarantine (ie my garage until my lazy butt finds a place to store (hide) it.

mine arrived today in the nice TLG cardboard outer box. im happy with it