My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen this happen before. This is especially odd because when I've asked for a price adjustment in the past they usually decline and recommend returning and repurchasing. I think this refund brought this set down to $4.

Hello,

Amazon's Cyber Monday Deals are a special event and we strive to provide you with the lowest price for deals you purchase. We're writing to let you know we were able to offer an even lower price on our Cyber Monday offer for LEGO City Ambulance Helicopter 60179 Building Kit, New 2019 (190 Pieces). Because of this, we've issued another refund on Order #xxxxxxxx, this time in the amount of $1.99. Refunds are applied to the payment method used for the original purchase and typically complete within 3 to 5 business days.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com

6 minutes ago, firstofminifigs said:

Never seen this happen before. This is especially odd because when I've asked for a price adjustment in the past they usually decline and recommend returning and repurchasing. I think this refund brought this set down to $4.

Hello,

Amazon's Cyber Monday Deals are a special event and we strive to provide you with the lowest price for deals you purchase. We're writing to let you know we were able to offer an even lower price on our Cyber Monday offer for LEGO City Ambulance Helicopter 60179 Building Kit, New 2019 (190 Pieces). Because of this, we've issued another refund on Order #xxxxxxxx, this time in the amount of $1.99. Refunds are applied to the payment method used for the original purchase and typically complete within 3 to 5 business days.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com

I got the same thing. Not complaining, but really odd.

The whole debacle bothers me as a programmer . The lack of any programmatic control/rules around using it. It would take a developer a couple days to stop that from ever happening.

Similarly the terrible job they did cancelling orders (should have taken under an hour to hit production). They should have a database with a column for coupon codes and a column for status. Select all, update to cancelled.

I've considered hiring a team and doing contracting for anti re-seller software measures. Part of me thinks the business's are trying to toe the lines. Let us have a little but not too much. Other part of me thinks they are idiots bogged down in bureaucracy and lack an understanding of technology. 

Edited by landphieran
  • Like 1

so...back in LEGO Shop at Home BF 30% off deals...I ordered a Apocalypseburg which got canceled 3 full days later (kinda sucked because I could have ordered something else and gotten the double VIP pts and the two GWPs: Brick and Tree...SO I plead my case to CS. They instantly gave me double VIP pts for the Batmobile which I intended to purchase and shipped me the two GWPs.

Fasts forward to about a week and half ago...I have plenty of trees from my other BF purchases, but I check ship status on my promised GWPs...supposedly delivered...I try to chat w/ CS again, but only accept email...so I emailed that i have not rec'd my GWPs.  after a couple of days I finally get my brick and tree...cool.  a week or so later (today) I get email from LEGO CS apologizing for taking almost 2 weeks to respond...and that they will resend the GWP (but no trees left, so they will send the mini-gingerbread house [which I don't have]).

so for a purchase I never made, I received double VIP pts on Batmobile, a GWP brick, Tree, and will be getting another brick and a mini-gingerbread house.

Bravo LEGO Customer Service; but did i do anything wrong? 

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

so...back in LEGO Shop at Home BF 30% off deals...I ordered a Apocalypseburg which got canceled 3 full days later (kinda sucked because I could have ordered something else and gotten the double VIP pts and the two GWPs: Brick and Tree...SO I plead my case to CS. They instantly gave me double VIP pts for the Batmobile which I intended to purchase and shipped me the two GWPs.

Fasts forward to about a week and half ago...I have plenty of trees from my other BF purchases, but I check ship status on my promised GWPs...supposedly delivered...I try to chat w/ CS again, but only accept email...so I emailed that i have not rec'd my GWPs.  after a couple of days I finally get my brick and tree...cool.  a week or so later (today) I get email from LEGO CS apologizing for taking almost 2 weeks to respond...and that they will resend the GWP (but no trees left, so they will send the mini-gingerbread house [which I don't have]).

so for a purchase I never made, I received double VIP pts on Batmobile, a GWP brick, Tree, and will be getting another brick and a mini-gingerbread house.

Bravo LEGO Customer Service; but did i do anything wrong? 

They canceled my LL14 fiasco order.  Still holding on to my money for over a week now.  All I have to show for it is a survey asking me how they are performing...

• 3 weeks later...

So I think I’ve been banned from Walmart. I purchased some items (Star Wars non-LEGO). Then the price dropped significantly within a week, enough for me to inquire about an adjustment. I contacted customer service twice and both times they said Walmart’s policy is to not give adjustments. So I repurchased at the lower price and returned the initial set. Next thing I know I get an email from Walmart stating the following:

We reviewed your account history carefully, and we found it violated our Terms of Use regarding returns. For that reason, we've had to deactivate your account

This means we will no longer be able to process replacements, refunds or adjustments of your past orders. If you place future orders, they will be subject to cancellation. Even if you won't be ordering from us online, you can still make purchases from any Walmart store.”

That was about a week ago. I created a new fresh account today and used a gift card to purchase something. In store pickup selected.  So, no address or credit card associated with the order. Immediately the item gets cancelled and refunded.

How do they know it’s me? Are they tracking my IP? I’m using a VPN too.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Edited by appchasers

So I think I’ve been banned from Walmart. I purchased some items (Star Wars non-LEGO). Then the price dropped significantly within a week, enough for me to inquire about an adjustment. I contacted customer service twice and both times they said Walmart’s policy is to not give adjustments. So I repurchased at the lower price and returned the initial set. Next thing I know I get an email from Walmart stating the following:
“We reviewed your account history carefully, and we found it violated our Terms of Use regarding returns. For that reason, we've had to deactivate your account

This means we will no longer be able to process replacements, refunds or adjustments of your past orders. If you place future orders, they will be subject to cancellation. Even if you won't be ordering from us online, you can still make purchases from any Walmart store.”
That was about a week ago. I created a new fresh account today and used a gift card to purchase something. In store pickup selected.  So, no address or credit card associated with the order. Immediately the item gets cancelled and refunded.

Just out of curiosity, did you have a tax exempt account? How large was your return of "some" items or frequency of returns during the year?

You could try using a made up name on the account for instore pick up and put your name under other people for pick up spot when you order.
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, appchasers said:

We reviewed your account history carefully, and we found it violated our Terms of Use regarding returns. For that reason, we've had to deactivate your account

Cookies

52 minutes ago, appchasers said:

Lots of potential flags. Retailers track alot these days so you have to make sure everything is fresh. Try and use a previously unsused residential VPN if you can or cell phone hotspot. The regular datacenter VPNs are always one flag and alot of the times they have already been abused. Use getipintel.net to see how your new IP scores. Was the gift card used previously? How was it funded?

Did you clear cookies? Did you go incognito? Did you block browser fingerprinting? All of these are flags for the retailer as well. Use a freshly installed browser and build cookies over time before ordering. Act like a normal legit customer would. Open an account, browse for a few days, build cookies, and then order small. Build up volume slowly over time. A brand new account using a high scoring VPN with a location far away from the store location with no cookies and using a gift card for store pickup is as sketchy as it gets. A different computer or VMware is also good to use to avoid links through fingerprinting. Obviously make sure you don't use the same name, address, phone number etc.