My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

So all my orders but two are cancelled. And those are still showing in process. Problem is all the cancelled orders are still being held by my bank. That's a big chunk of money tied up in limbo.

They suck for holds, i had couple of orders through VIP weekend and Black friday where they held the difference of the discount and what final price was for a few days. Took almost a week for that to clear out.

14 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

Well. My only surviving order now shows as cancelled . Nothing but aggravation and my money is still pending on my CC for all orders.
Yet another reason I stay away from ordering direct from Lego.

All of mine went to canceled earlier today too. 

Oh well, you win some, you lose some. 

Wow they really went through every order and cancelled them, they weren't getting screwed on this.

"We’re sorry, but we had to cancel your recent LEGO® order because it used a discount code that’s only valid for employees.

When you placed the order on LEGO Shop, your bank temporarily preauthorized the entire amount of the order from your available credit. The funds held in the preauthorization will automatically appear back in your account once your bank released the hold.

If you’d like to place the order again without using a code, you’re welcome to do this on LEGO.com."

10 minutes ago, SWC0llect0r said:

Wow they really went through every order and cancelled them, they weren't getting screwed on this.

"We’re sorry, but we had to cancel your recent LEGO® order because it used a discount code that’s only valid for employees.

When you placed the order on LEGO Shop, your bank temporarily preauthorized the entire amount of the order from your available credit. The funds held in the preauthorization will automatically appear back in your account once your bank released the hold.

If you’d like to place the order again without using a code, you’re welcome to do this on LEGO.com."

got the same just now

early order too

9 minutes ago, SWC0llect0r said:

Guess only amazon honors their screw ups like was it prime day last year with crazy prices?

Doesn't sound like this was a mistake...sounds like this was an employee-only code that got leaked out.  It's entirely reasonable for TLG to cancel orders under these circumstances.

• Like 4

What's unreasonable is the fact it has taken 3.5 days for them to fix the issue, while holding hundred of thousands of dollars or more of customers money.

No one knew until after the code was shut off that it was an employee only code.

Good companies always make the customer happy, mistake or otherwise. You would think LEGO would want to make it right, especially after the black friday debacle. I know when we have an issue, no matter what caused it, we always try to make our clients happy and do our best to make it right by them.  The reasonable thing would have been to offer the affected customers a 30% off coupon for one item that they select or a few items. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, redcell said:

Doesn't sound like this was a mistake...sounds like this was an employee-only code that got leaked out.  It's entirely reasonable for TLG to cancel orders under these circumstances.

Agree that it is very reasonable for them to cancel orders. However, TLG have to blame themselves if they thought a code like that won't got leak out instead of restricting it to employee accounts only.   

15 minutes ago, Porvida said:

What's unreasonable is the fact it has taken 3.5 days for them to fix the issue, while holding hundred of thousands of dollars or more of customers money.

No one knew until after the code was shut off that it was an employee only code.

Good companies always make the customer happy, mistake or otherwise. You would think LEGO would want to make it right, especially after the black friday debacle. I know when we have an issue, no matter what caused it, we always try to make our clients happy and do our best to make it right by them.  The reasonable thing would have been to offer the affected customers a 30% off coupon for one item that they select or a few items. 

nice gesture if they do that, but they really don't need that to please their fans. Go to the the BM stores and you will see so many people shelling out cash to buy sets at full MSRP. They are not afraid of losing you as customers. Actually,  don't you think they have a clue that most of the LL14 orders were placed by resellers as compared to end users? 

Thing is Lego doesn't need to do anything to keep customers like us happy and they know it. I'd wager the vast majority of the orders placed with that code were from resellers and they could give a f*** whether we're happy or not. They could take a dump on us and we'd still be showing up for the next GWP or sale.

If this kind of things gets under your skin, maybe Lego reselling isn't for you. I can't count the number of times over the years that things like this happened. You win some, you lose some...no point getting pissed off about it.
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, redcell said:

Thing is Lego doesn't need to do anything to keep customers like us happy and they know it. I'd wager the vast majority of the orders placed with that code were from resellers and they could give a f*** whether we're happy or not. They could take a dump on us and we'd still be showing up for the next GWP or sale.

If this kind of things gets under your skin, maybe Lego reselling isn't for you. I can't count the number of times over the years that things like this happened. You win some, you lose some...no point getting pissed off about it.

Not pissed off, just a little surprised is all.  Would think a company the size of LEGO would be on top of things like this, but this is always a problem with large closely held corporations. Old guard making decisions in a fast paced changing business world.  Probably the reason LEGO had the financial struggles they seem to endure time and again. 

I'm sure more than resellers used the code as it was on SD for 30 minutes before it hit BL. 

This is just a fun hobby for me not a source of income, as I have only sold 4 sets in over 2 years.  However, it never hurts to have a company treat its customers with some respect and as I have learned that is not a word LEGO seems to value as a company.