My order status

Update on my amazon order. I peeled up the "loose" seals without breaking them or damaging printing on box (odd). Opened up the box and all 9 bags were sealed. Instructions were sealed and everything was new. Strange that the seals on just one side looked tampered with and seals on the other looked in perfect condition. I put all items back and was able to press seals back in place. (fyi I'll more than likely be gifting this set to my boys down the road)

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on my amazon order. I peeled up the "loose" seals without breaking them or damaging printing on box (odd). Opened up the box and all 9 bags were sealed. Instructions were sealed and everything was new. Strange that the seals on just one side looked tampered with and seals on the other looked in perfect condition. I put all items back and was able to press seals back in place. (fyi I'll more than likely be gifting this set to my boys down the road)

Honestly, after looking at the picture you posted the seals look fine.  I see boxes like that all the time, sometimes the tape stretches out, or they weren't applied straight at the factory that can cause them to look broken.  I really wish they'd use a thicker tape, or use the punch tabs the smaller boxes use.

• Like 1

Honestly, after looking at the picture you posted the seals look fine.  I see boxes like that all the time, sometimes the tape stretches out, or they weren't applied straight at the factory that can cause them to look broken.  I really wish they'd use a thicker tape, or use the punch tabs the smaller boxes use.

agreed it was just odd to see the seals so different on each end.

agreed it was just odd to see the seals so different on each end.

I actually had this happen on a large set I'd purchased at a local TRU and had in the back of my outback.  Seals were perfect at the store, placed it in the back and than by time I got home the seals on only one end looked just like what photo was showing.  I suspect that one end of the box ended up in the sun coming through the back window in the hatch and basically softened up the adhesive enough that as I was driving around the seals started to slip.

Not entirely sure how that could happen with product that's been sitting in a distribution warehouse and than shipped in a cardboard box, but perhaps one end of the box got really hot somehow?  <shrug>

Called LEGO Shop at Home CS and they said that if you have an order in, and it says backordered, you're guaranteed to get your SSD.  She said that estimated shipping is May 31st, but they could always ship sooner.  Take that with whatever amount of salt you like.

My SSD is still on backorder!

With May 4th coming around the corner and knowing that LEGO UK is offering 15% off their SSDs, I will have call and have them switch my double VIP points to the 15% off (if Lego US copies Lego UK).

Good thing I have an SSD coming from Target!   :thumbsup:

Well, Target failed on my SSDs.  I was nervous when I saw the shipping box, but I was hoping since I ordered two, they would be in the original box, they were not.  One was only slightly creased on the front upper corner, not a huge deal, but I'll mention it when I call about the other one.  The other one was open.  It looks like the seals came off the outer flap and stuck to the inner flap in transit.  Since this one is "open" I don't feel bad about calling.

I see why it is suggested to box these things up and don't look at them.  Having them in front of me makes me want to open and build them to see a 4' Lego model in person.

Are they being delivered in plastic bags again? I figured this would happen with the single item, shipped ones... Darn. Looks like pancakes for dinner tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Mine were 50/50. Half were in boxes and half were in bags.

Mine were 50/50. Half were in boxes and half were in bags.

Just got home to first round of orders. I took a pic of them on my patio but haven't opened them up yet. I think the bags ship from other kmart stores. If you look on the receipt it should tell you. I have one bag that is mangled I hope that is a set I am parting out. I would rather have slower delivery then bags and returns

I order two small sets from KMart.  I knew I was in trouble when I noticed that the sets were shipped separately.  Got the first one and of course it was shipped in a plastic bag.  Box isn't too bad but definitely crushed.  How is Kmarts exchange system?  Will this be an easy exchange?

I order two small sets from KMart.  I knew I was in trouble when I noticed that the sets were shipped separately.  Got the first one and of course it was shipped in a plastic bag.  Box isn't too bad but definitely crushed.  How is Kmarts exchange system?  Will this be an easy exchange?

you can definitely exchange them in store.

Icecream pancakes. ..Yum!

I got 3 man-bat in bag... lol

• Like 1