10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

This is my feeling too. I got the impression a lot of people missed the boat on the FB, and have been making up for it by loading up on GE.

It's gonna be a very crowded market once it's EOL.

I don't think many of the long-time investors missed out on the FB.  They loaded up on them by the crap ton.

I don't think many of the long-time investors missed out on the FB.  They loaded up on them by the crap ton.

Right, ok. I suppose I really meant people who were a little later to the investment game like myself. I got the impression it caught a few people out, though I suppose that's the case with a lot of sets.

Well that's more encouraging then if the FB market has been quite competitive. I haven't really been keeping an eye on it as I didn't have one. If the GE matches its performance, I'll be a happy man.

Right, ok. I suppose I really meant people who were a little later to the investment game like myself. I got the impression it caught a few people out, though I suppose that's the case with a lot of sets.

Well that's more encouraging then if the FB market has been quite competitive. I haven't really been keeping an eye on it as I didn't have one. If the GE matches its performance, I'll be a happy man.

It's pretty encouraging when the GE is fetching close to $200 on EBay, before it's even sold out on S@H.

This is my feeling too. I got the impression a lot of people missed the boat on the FB, and have been making up for it by loading up on GE.

It's gonna be a very crowded market once it's EOL.

That's exactly what people said about FB. The Macks even confirmed it was in the top 5 (#1 I think?) held sets in brickfolios.

Did I miss the post about GE being removed from TRU.com or is this a new revelation?

That's news to me. Gone from FAO too. Is shop at home the only place to get it now? LAST CALL ON 10211???

I was a little worried this would linger on TRU after retirement like the castle. 

Went to the Lego Store in Pleasanton, CA on Saturday and bought one GE. There were three on the shelf and I picked the best looking box. I went back yesterday to pick up another and there were four on the shelf. None of them had the same condition issues as the two I left there on Saturday. Looks like they're still selling well.