10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

The GE is retiring and I can't believe that there are going to be plenty guys on here who wished they would have gotten alot more on what they have, and in some cases don't have any at all yet, its going to be just like the Fire Brigade almost 4 years to get them and alot of people wish they would of gotten more, but they didn't get any at all. And buying from Walmart to me is a big mistake seeing how most boxes are showing up damaged. So if you don't have any or just a few GE I would get on the ball and get them. As it looks like at least 75% of people are going to miss the boat on the SSD. Don't make the same mistake on the GE. Ed

• Like 3

I only pay with cash I have all my investments are paid with money I have. They won't even approve me for a store credit card I don't get it lack of credit but I can't establish any either. Sigh really care just wanted for discounts. Getting target redcard debit for 5% off same as the credit card.

75% of would be investors will miss the boat on the SSD,DS,GE and other exclusives its just the way it is, for 14 years I been selling Lego and most people wait to the last minute and by then its usually to late, And its a higher rate for the Exclusives from 2007 to 2012 or so, on the regular sets like the Harry Potter Stuff,POTC Ships that I kept telling people to get, but most didn't. And as for the Death Star I am not even going to talk about this set now, as most think the set will never be worth much or take 10 years for any huge profits, but will be 100% wrong on that thinking. Ed

• Like 1

The GE is retiring and I can't believe that there are going to be plenty guys on here who wished they would have gotten alot more on what they have, and in some cases don't have any at all yet, its going to be just like the Fire Brigade almost 4 years to get them and alot of people wish they would of gotten more, but they didn't get any at all. And buying from Walmart to me is a big mistake seeing how most boxes are showing up damaged. So if you don't have any or just a few GE I would get on the ball and get them. As it looks like at least 75% of people are going to miss the boat on the SSD. Don't make the same mistake on the GE. Ed

I agree.  Now is the time to buy a few GEs if you don't have one.  Many people passed on the SSD and will miss some nice profits.  I know it was an expensive set, but when an exceptional set comes along, you must concentrate on those and forget the rest for the time being.  As for Walmart, I have always had very good luck with their shipping.  But I live in NJ and maybe the warehouses there care about the customer more than other parts of the country.  Regardless, box condition is not that important if a set is getting retired and sets are hard to come by.

75% of would be investors will miss the boat on the SSD,DS,GE and other exclusives its just the way it is, for 14 years I been selling Lego and most people wait to the last minute and by then its usually to late, And its a higher rate for the Exclusives from 2007 to 2012 or so, on the regular sets like the Harry Potter Stuff,POTC Ships that I kept telling people to get, but most didn't. And as for the Death Star I am not even going to talk about this set now, as most think the set will never be worth much or take 10 years for any huge profits, but will be 100% wrong on that thinking. Ed

Ed, I agree with your overall theory.  I can't know for sure what the exact percentages are, but I think many people overestimate the amount of exclusives people buy as investments.  The vast majority of our affiliate dollars are made from small to mid sized sets.  The average price of new sets bought from all LEGO affiliates is in the $40-$50 range...far from exclusives territory.  I realize not everyone goes through our affiliates, but thousands of listings do, so I feel there is some validity to the numbers.

Ed, I agree with your overall theory. I can't know for sure what the exact percentages are, but I think many people overestimate the amount of exclusives people buy as investments. The vast majority of our affiliate dollars are made from small to mid sized sets. The average price of new sets bought from all LEGO affiliates is in the $40-$50 range...far from exclusives territory. I realize not everyone goes through our affiliates, but thousands of listings do, so I feel there is some validity to the numbers.

It's more appealing for most to be able to say/think they got some amazing deal than buy a full price exclusive. I constantly fight that battle myself. 50% off a set just holds more urgency than full price exclusives. I've found myself resisting the temptation lately and saving that for exclusives

It's more appealing for most to be able to say/think they got some amazing deal than buy a full price exclusive. I constantly fight that battle myself. 50% off a set just holds more urgency than full price exclusives. I've found myself resisting the temptation lately and saving that for exclusives

Yes, the lack of sales on exclusives hurts the reseller and the site as well.  No sales, no purchases, no affiliate income.  The sad FACT is that LEGO retailers will not discount exclusives at least until 2015.  It is that time a new exclusives policy will be created or the old one of non discounting will be renewed and continue. 

Yes, the lack of sales on exclusives hurts the reseller and the site as well.  No sales, no purchases, no affiliate income.  The sad FACT is that LEGO retailers will not discount exclusives at least until 2015.  It is that time a new exclusives policy will be created or the old one of non discounting will be renewed and continue. 

Is the "no-discounting-exclusives" rule going to expire in 2015?

A $400 lego set with no discounts is a bit daunting, at least for me who consider myself a mid-class investor LOL. My stock is no where near emazer but more heavier than a lot of bpers. I don't like selling countless smaller sets even the profit % is high. Somehow I just feel more comfortble handling sets with MSRP between $80~200. I also think discounted non-exclusives can be as good as or even better than the exclusives. Looking at my stock I think the $50 constitution train, $50 pirate ship ambush, or $35 dolphine cruisers will mature and bring profit early than the exclusives I got. Just to be more savvy and selective when hunting for deals.   

A $400 lego set with no discounts is a bit daunting, at least for me who consider myself a mid-class investor LOL. My stock is no where near emazer but more heavier than a lot of bpers. I don't like selling countless smaller sets even the profit % is high. Somehow I just feel more comfortble handling sets with MSRP between $80~200. I also think discounted non-exclusives can be as good as or even better than the exclusives. Looking at my stock I think the $50 constitution train, $50 pirate ship ambush, or $35 dolphine cruisers will mature and bring profit early than the exclusives I got. Just to be more savvy and selective when hunting for deals.   

Do what works for you.  Don't let people like emazers or myself change your plans.  We like to preach about buying exclusives before it's too late and it works for us, but I insulted many members by commenting on the issue of flipping SSDs for small profits...but profits nonetheless.  I buy many small sets, but I can see they will be a pain in the butt to sell and ship in such quantities.  Even though $400 is a big price to pay, it might be the safer investment if compared to cheap and unpopular sets like the Lone Ranger.

• Like 1

From what I read, it ends in 2015.  I have no idea if LEGO will release a new set of exclusive rules for retailers to follow. 

Hmmm, do you really have no idea, or is this one of those "read between the lines" moments mentioned in the SSD thread? It's all so confusing!!  ;)

I didn't see any GE in London Westfield last weekend, there were PS, TH, PC and PR of course...but no Grand Emporiums and no 4x4 Crawlers!

Still available online though.

How about the rest of the shops in the UK and EU?

It's been out of "regular" stock for a few months at Dreamland.be in Belgium. There have been two small re-stocks that I know of (20-40 boxes) but they were all gone within a day or two. It's been out of stock at Fun.be for a few months as well - so was the Pet Shop and Palace Cinema. These last two are back in stock there but GE hasn't been restocked.