10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

So I'm posting this here solely for entertainment value.  I asked a TRU chat rep about the "our exclusive" tag, I knew I wasn't going to get a reliable answer, but I wanted to see what they would say.  The answer, while useless, was mildly entertaining.

Tara: Thanks for chatting with the 'R Us Family!  My name is Tara. I

Guest TabbyBoy

I think I will have to open my 5 GE's now and check if the escalator is included!  :shocked:

The first 5 I got from Lego all had 3rd floor bits missing. They were all replaced without fuss. This has been quite common with this set.

If this becomes a TRU exclusive like VC, and assuming they eventually carry this one in stores, then wouldn't one pm lego website to $150 on a Thursday and pay most of the balance with discounted cardpool giftcards...so GE for $120-$125? That is, IF they are eventually sold in stores before the cc promo ends.

So I'm posting this here solely for entertainment value.  I asked a TRU chat rep about the "our exclusive" tag, I knew I wasn't going to get a reliable answer, but I wanted to see what they would say.  The answer, while useless, was mildly entertaining.

The world makes sense now!!!!!!

How did you know they were missing? Did you weigh the sets?

Weighing the set wouldn't tell you the parts were from the 3rd floor.

Presumably he opened the box. Or the customer reported them missing.

Which made me wonder...if a customer found that parts were missing in a sealed set you sold them, is the seller obliged to replace them?

I wouldn't have thought so, as it's not really the seller's fault.

Which made me wonder...if a customer found that parts were missing in a sealed set you sold them, is the seller obliged to replace them?

Depends on what site you are selling on and who the buyer is. When this stuff happens to me, I just bricklink the parts to the person.

But technical they could go to Lego and get the pieces back.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

How did you know they were missing? Did you weigh the sets?

Since the first one opened had missing pieces, I opened the rest in turn and would've built the first complete one. As it turned out, none were complete but had duplicate bags of other bits meaning the weight test would've passed.

Since the first one opened had missing pieces, I opened the rest in turn and would've built the first complete one. As it turned out, none were complete but had duplicate bags of other bits meaning the weight test would've passed.

There was a whole batch of FBs that were produced like this. Once TLG became aware of the problem they took all of that batch of their shelves. But that didn't help people who had already bought them. That's why they have those codes on the seal stickers. When an issue arises, they can easily tell what sets were affected.

If you sold them on eBay, and the buyer raised it as a case, I suspect ebay would side with them.

But if it is a reasonable buyer, I would suggest they get the pieces from Lego, or offer to do it myself ( but doing it myself would actually make it take longer. ).

If this becomes a TRU exclusive like VC, and assuming they eventually carry this one in stores, then wouldn't one pm lego website to $150 on a Thursday and pay most of the balance with discounted cardpool giftcards...so GE for $120-$125? That is, IF they are eventually sold in stores before the cc promo ends.

Or what's stopping someone from calling in and ordering it via pm? That's what I'm going to try

It is the not really the issue that Toy R Us has it above the stand price. The issue is they extend the life of the set the way VC was extended. So we gotta wait longer for post retirement appreciation.

How is it any different than if it was available at any other retail outlet post EOL? Lego isn't making anymore, once TRU sells out it's gone. It's no different than Target still having the Constitution Chase on its website.

Everyone seems high on this set. I've been wanting to buy a modular to build and really like the Parisian restaurant. Should I jump on this first.

If you want this one for your collection then yes you should definitely buy it now. The only place to get it from at the moment is Lego and even then it is back-ordered. I would put in an order right away or you will pay 2-3 times the price this time next year if you really want this set.